• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

Established Member
Very excited for this - AlanThomsonSim has just announced on stream they’re developing a 185!
Very exciting.

Also new route on Alan Thompson Sim is King's Cross to Kings Lynn. If you have the Peterborough to Cambridge route it will merge the routes and keep the ECML direct to Peterborough!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Very excited for this - AlanThomsonSim has just announced on stream they’re developing a 185!

Just watched the stream back as was away this week. Looks brilliant and can’t wait for this one! Hoping the release isn’t far off.

365 Networker

I found these new achievements listed in Steam DB:-
5959ee94-9ed9-420e-a387-d5da70c45ea3.ScoreKS: Port-du-Takeover0
sce.ed8445a0-4126-43ed-981f-8c799c906e00.ScoreKS: Cold and Foggy0
sce.2e4e4336-f2e3-47e6-9040-eea9257d48dd.ScoreKS: Quick Trip0
sce.9af78519-53dc-472d-baf0-21ff774cb865.ScoreKS: Summer Ice0
sce.8c311a9a-fd19-44d7-bb4a-404064a54f90.ScoreKS: Stormy Duplex0
sce.9c405cca-a739-4c1a-8edb-2c70cb088680.ScoreKS: Frozen Duplex0
sce.368a2186-2a57-4395-a970-a09793ff99f5.ScoreKS: Quiet Ride0
dlc.1637257.NumScenariosCompleted.CareerKS: The Experienced Navigator0
dlc.1637257.HoursPlayedKS: Karlsruhe Expert0
dlc.1637257.DistanceTravelled.MilesKS: Strasbourg Rider

Perhaps these are for the deluxe route?

brad465

Established Member
Golden Age Developments have released a 1950s depiction of the Purbeck line from Wareham to Swanage (open Beta), with plans to do extensions to Weymouth and Bournemouth in future:

They also have a West of England mainline route in development, again from BR steam days: initially from Exeter to Axminster, and closed branches like to Seaton and Sidmouth, then further extensions to Yeovil and Salisbury long term.

_toommm_

Established Member
Looks like the ATS 185 will have announcements and full TPWS implementation. Itching for this one!

Looks amazing, with ten-ish liveries, NRN, GSMR, Speed Set etc. Announcements are done by the Youtuber Joe Dobson, who I believe may have worked at TPE at one point.

It's going to be £24.99 for non-subscribers, and £19.99 for subscribers. Definitely worth it for that price and it's in-line with similarly-featured AP products. Alan Thomson are also producing 745/755 FLIRTs too.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Looks amazing, with ten-ish liveries, NRN, GSMR, Speed Set etc. Announcements are done by the Youtuber Joe Dobson, who I believe may have worked at TPE at one point.

It's going to be £24.99 for non-subscribers, and £19.99 for subscribers. Definitely worth it for that price and it's in-line with similarly-featured AP products. Alan Thomson are also producing 745/755 FLIRTs too.

I just wish they’d tell us when it’s going to be released!

_toommm_

Established Member
I just wish they’d tell us when it’s going to be released!

The release candidate has been put together, so it should be fairly soon

Alan said on stream he tends to avoid giving release dates incase he can’t follow through with it.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
The release candidate has been put together, so it should be fairly soon

Alan said on stream he tends to avoid giving release dates incase he can’t follow through with it.

Yeah that’s fair enough. I only caught about 10 mins of last night’s stream. Did he mention scenarios that will come with it? I imagine there’ll be at least one Chat Moss scenario.

_toommm_

Established Member
Yeah that’s fair enough. I only caught about 10 mins of last night’s stream. Did he mention scenarios that will come with it? I imagine there’ll be at least one Chat Moss scenario.

He did one on WCMLos last night from 2006 so probably one on there too. Chat Moss would make sense.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Just Trains are due to release their latest MML expansion (Nottingham to Lincoln) later this week, with the base Sheffield to Derby and Derby-Nottingham-Leicester extension products both now updated ready to work with the Lincoln product (existing owners can download from their Just Trains website account).

_toommm_

Established Member
ATS’ Class 185 has just had an update too, fixing several bugs. Very nice touch for them to email us IMO and inform us of the changes:

Fixed: Doors fail to interlock after changing ends in certain circumstances after TS2022 update
Fixed: Headlights switch off after midnight
Fixed: RPM fails to rise on certain machines after TS2022 update
Fixed: GSMR Volume fails to disappear after changes
Fixed: Doors getting stuck if close button triggered too quickly
Fixed: Doors failing to respect door key status if train extended beyond platform
Fixed: Audio occlusion in pass view
Fixed: Issue with headlights not showing at night

Added: Additional paths added to the PIS systems
Added: Additional livery - 185111, Victoria Cross Heroes
Added: Support for Cumbrian Coast route added to announcements
Added: New headlights in refurbished model
Added: DRA Isolation functionality

Please note the following temporary workaround to a known error below;
-Class 323 reskin contained in the extra stock pack. This issue can be fixed running the product installer and then running the included batch file (185ExtraStock.bat) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
And looks like Just Trains will be releasing the Nottingham to Lincoln extension to the Midland Main Line very shortly, potentially today.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
ATS’ Class 185 has just had an update too, fixing several bugs. Very nice touch for them to email us IMO and inform us of the changes:

Fixed: Doors fail to interlock after changing ends in certain circumstances after TS2022 update
Fixed: Headlights switch off after midnight
Fixed: RPM fails to rise on certain machines after TS2022 update
Fixed: GSMR Volume fails to disappear after changes
Fixed: Doors getting stuck if close button triggered too quickly
Fixed: Doors failing to respect door key status if train extended beyond platform
Fixed: Audio occlusion in pass view
Fixed: Issue with headlights not showing at night

Added: Additional paths added to the PIS systems
Added: Additional livery - 185111, Victoria Cross Heroes
Added: Support for Cumbrian Coast route added to announcements
Added: New headlights in refurbished model
Added: DRA Isolation functionality

Please note the following temporary workaround to a known error below;
-Class 323 reskin contained in the extra stock pack. This issue can be fixed running the product installer and then running the included batch file (185ExtraStock.bat) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets
I really like the 185 on Rail Simulator, although I've occasionally experienced a bug, whereby the sounds of the train powering up don't change until the train gets to about 20mph- before this it sounds like it is still idling. It only sounds like it's on full power. If you select a lower power setting, it still sounds like it's idling.

I think this has only happened when I've tried to resume a saved scenario.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
I really like the 185 on Rail Simulator, although I've occasionally experienced a bug, whereby the sounds of the train powering up don't change until the train gets to about 20mph- before this it sounds like it is still idling. It only sounds like it's on full power. If you select a lower power setting, it still sounds like it's idling.

I think this has only happened when I've tried to resume a saved scenario.

Could well be a bug. The tone is supposed to change above 20mph (as it does in real life) but if you’re getting no change in tone below that when setting off I’d raise a ticket.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Could well be a bug. The tone is supposed to change above 20mph (as it does in real life) but if you’re getting no change in tone below that when setting off I’d raise a ticket.
The update appears to have corrected the bug, so the train now behaves perfectly well. :)

_toommm_

Established Member
Armstrong Powerhouse have today confirmed they’re working on a class 800-803 enhancement pack.

Was originally being worked on by AlanThomsonSim, but it’s been transferred to AP.

Really glad it’s being worked on, as the default is pretty horrific.

Wivenswold

Established Member
Plenty of interesting releases upcoming in TS.
VDL District Line Phase 3, Whitechapel to South Kensington, including R-stock! Due this week.
Backdated Clacton Extension for the GEML route, including the first TS AC slam-door units, the 309s.
ATS Updated GEML and Stadler Flirt pack (745/755)
AP IET and 317/2 & 318 packs.
AP/Waggonz Class 87.
Desiro City - Publisher unknown.
JT - MML Hope Valley extension to Manchester.

I can also recommend the recent Mole Valley addition to the London to Brighton route and ATS Chat Moss.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Plenty of interesting releases upcoming in TS.
VDL District Line Phase 3, Whitechapel to South Kensington, including R-stock! Due this week.
Backdated Clacton Extension for the GEML route, including the first TS AC slam-door units, the 309s.
ATS Updated GEML and Stadler Flirt pack (745/755)
AP IET and 317/2 & 318 packs.
AP/Waggonz Class 87.
Desiro City - Publisher unknown.
JT - MML Hope Valley extension to Manchester.

I can also recommend the recent Mole Valley addition to the London to Brighton route and ATS Chat Moss.

I’d also add to that the next phase of the ATS WCML Midlands and North West, and the rumoured upcoming packs from AP (class 47, 60 and 70).

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Based on videos on the AP Facebook page, they can. The sounds, despite not being final, are fantastic.

Yeah it’s looking and sounding great isn’t it!

AP have confirmed that the class 800-803 enhancement pack will be released tomorrow.

Last edited: