• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Some good releases today.

Alan Thomson Sim have released their ECML and Leeds Lines merge enabling one to drive from King’s Cross to York or Leeds (requires you to be an ATS subscriber).

JustTrains have also released their South Western Expressways - Reading route (£29.99).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Some good releases today.

Alan Thomson Sim have released their ECML and Leeds Lines merge enabling one to drive from King’s Cross to York or Leeds (requires you to be an ATS subscriber).

JustTrains have also released their South Western Expressways - Reading route (£29.99).
Thanks for the heads up. Will certainly look at getting the ECML/Leeds Lines merge.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. Will certainly look at getting the ECML/Leeds Lines merge.

Yeah I’m looking forward to doing a full run. I got the full ECML merge when it was released but not really played it much as how often am I going to want to do KGX to Edinburgh really? Doing a KGX to Leeds or York will feel more realistic.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
On Track Simulation are releasing version 2 of the Harrogate Loop this evening. There’s a stream on Twitch by TrainSimTV previewing it at 8:30PM, and the route will be released during the stream.

_toommm_

Established Member
The Harrogate Loop V2 for Train Simulator is a network of lines in West and North Yorkshire and features the stunning Harrogate Loop from York to Leeds via Harrogate and also the Leeds direct line through Cross Gates and Church Fenton. Additionally Version 2 of the Harrogate Loop also adds in the line from Church Fenton to Milford Junction and Gascoigne Wood meaning there's much more scenario potential. This route also finally fulfils the initial goal of the TPR Team to create the Harrogate Loop,a route which began way back in 2010!

Tje addition of Gascoigne Wood will be amazing what with the amount of stock moves they’ve had there recently.

silverfoxcc

Got the WCML on one their bargain bin days along with the 2HAL add on

The390 out of Euston appears not be be in synce timewise, a minute in the game is about 45 sec real time.
However the runs from New St to Euston and MK to Euston are totally FUBAR
Cannot get the power toget into the run position and sits there with 43% brake
The direcrtion contrl just show open and doesn't move at all both will not react to either key A/D W/S of mouse inputs

any thoughts what the problem is?

_toommm_

Established Member
Got the WCML on one their bargain bin days along with the 2HAL add on

The390 out of Euston appears not be be in synce timewise, a minute in the game is about 45 sec real time.
However the runs from New St to Euston and MK to Euston are totally FUBAR
Cannot get the power toget into the run position and sits there with 43% brake
The direcrtion contrl just show open and doesn't move at all both will not react to either key A/D W/S of mouse inputs

any thoughts what the problem is?

I've had issues with the 390 for a few weeks now where I can't control anything in the cab.

Established Member
If anyone is interested TS have a sale on until the 23rd.

Also Armstrong Powerhouse have released the 455 Volume 2 (Southern and SWT liveries)

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

_toommm_

Established Member
Alan Thomson Simulation have released a new route - Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Stations via Chat Moss. It also includes the line from Earlestown to Warrington Bank Quay. I’ve downloaded and driven a scenario and I can highly recommend. It looks stunning!

It’s £14.99 if you have an ATS subscription and £24.99 without.

Watched Alan’s video on it last night - leaving Victoria it looks amazing and it feels so much like the real thing.

AP’s next enhancement pack will be for the 377/379/387.

Really looking forward to the Class 379 scenarios on the GEML and the 387 aspect for some nice runs on the ECML

Last edited:

Established Member
Watched Alan’s video on it last night - leaving Victoria it looks amazing and it feels so much like the real thing.

AP’s next enhancement pack will be for the 377/379/387.

Really looking forward to the Class 379 scenarios on the GEML and the 387 aspect for some nice runs on the ECML

FINALLY! Can't wait for GX runs down the BML and 5-car 377s for metro runs. Methinks some scenarios may be in order...
The AP 377/379/387 pack is now available:

Class 377/379/387 Enhancement Pack (armstrongpowerhouse.com)

_toommm_

Established Member
Class 465/466 Volume 2 is next from AP.

EDIT:

Also, Armstrong Powerhouse sale is on until 23:59 Monday.

Last edited:

XAM2175

Established Member
And for those eyeing up the AP Class 175 pack, the re-released South Wales Coastal route is 60% off on Steam until 6 September.

Peter C

Established Member

ANNOUNCING TRAIN SIMULATOR 2022!​

Train Simulator 2022 is coming soon to Steam with a new selection of routes.
The next instalment of the series is just around the corner, Train Simulator 2022 launches with 3 routes in one package. Get ready to operate in a dense commuter network with the BR Class 323 in Birmingham Cross City Line. Take control of the DB BR 429.1 FLIRT 3 across the picturesque Rhine Valley in Frankfurt – Koblenz and lastly, experience American passenger railroading at its best – with Amtrak’s Acela in Northeast Corridor: Washington DC – Baltimore. All of this awaits you in Train Simulator 2022, coming soon to Steam.

Birmingham Cross City Line​

Take control of the BR Class 323 EMU in London Midland livery along the 37-mile Cross City Line from Lichfield Trent Valley to Bromsgrove & Redditch via Birmingham New Street. Be ready to tackle the famed Lickey Incline, the steepest sustained main-line railway gradient in Great Britain; 1:37.7 for two miles between Bromsgrove and Barnt Green.

Frankfurt – Koblenz​

The 80-mile Frankfurt – Koblenz route serves a mix of regional and intercity traffic, and covers the Picturesque Linke Rheinstrecke from Koblenz Hbf to Mainz Hbf and Historic Mainbahn from Mainz Hbf to Frankfurt (Main) Hbf. Conduct services here in the strikingly branded SÜWEX (Südwest-Express) DB BR 429.1 EMU.

Northeast Corridor: Washington – Baltimore​

The Northeast Corridor: Washington DC – Baltimore route extends from Washington, DC, 41 route miles north to Baltimore, where iconic Baltimore Penn Station rests near the north portal of the B&P Tunnel. This route includes a selection of realistic locomotives and equipment, including the Amtrak’s high-speed Acela and ACS-64.

We'll be talking more about Train Simulator 2022 in the coming weeks, including revealing the new route featured in the Deluxe Edition. Follow us on @RailSimulator on Twitter and Facebook.

-Peter

_toommm_

Established Member
I’d much rather them fix the OOM dumps and appalling performance in 2022. When you’ve spent over £1,200 to build a PC that can play much more intense games on max at 60fps, and you can’t even get WCMLS above 30fps, something is seriously wrong.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
I’d much rather them fix the OOM dumps and appalling performance in 2022. When you’ve spent over £1,200 to build a PC that can play much more intense games on max at 60fps, and you can’t even get WCMLS above 30fps, something is seriously wrong.

Agreed. I think they’re limited in the improvements they can make due to the game being old now (in gaming terms) and the tech it uses. I’m moaning, but it still won’t get me to switch to TSW :lol:

Peter C

Established Member
Hmm, slight use of poetic licence with ‘new selection of routes’!
Definitely! I suppose they'd argue that the routes themselves aren't new, but it is right to say that it's a new selection of routes. :lol:

I can't say I've spent that much on a PC, but I totally agree with you on that point. I run TS on a laptop so it's never going to be amazing, but it does get very annoying when you keep trying to do something and the game keeps crashing.

-Peter

_toommm_

Established Member
Very excited for this - AlanThomsonSim has just announced on stream they’re developing a 185!

skh93

Very excited for this - AlanThomsonSim has just announced on stream they’re developing a 185!
Been waiting for it for so long, they did really well to keep it under wraps, it looks and sounds superb already. Can't wait for the finished product! So many routes to use it on

_toommm_

Established Member
Been waiting for it for so long, they did really well to keep it under wraps, it looks and sounds superb already. Can't wait for the finished product! So many routes to use it on

Brilliant bit of acting from Alan too with the 360 at Piccadilly. Cannot wait for it.