• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train to Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

I am trying to get to Dyce (Aberdeen Airport) from Newark Northgate. On checking National Rail I see part of the journey is by bus. Can anybody tell me the journey time when the whole journey is by train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Goddard

Established Member
Buses in use south of Aberdeen due to the aftermath of the Stonehaven derailment
In normal times, the best journey times are just under 6h30, with two changes, depends what time you want to travel really

pitdiver

Buses in use south of Aberdeen due to the aftermath of the Stonehaven derailment
In normal times, the best journey times are just under 6h30, with two changes, depends what time you want to travel really
I have to catch a flight from Aberdeen Airport at 1820 hrs

pitdiver

well Newark North Gate to Dyce all bye train for 1820 arrival is impossible and will be until November
Thanks for the info, I am not going until next year but I have to book my flight before the end of November. Furthermore I am not moving to the Newark area until next month

Swanny200

I don't know about how long it takes from Newark to Aberdeen but if all is well by time you travel, you could change at Aberdeen for a train to Dyce but according to some sites, although the station is next to the airport, you are 2 miles from the terminal, but if you get off at Aberdeen and walk across to the bus station (next door) you can get the Jet 727 which takes around 30-40 minutes to get to the terminal, I don't know if there is any bus provision at Dyce itself, just a Taxi Rank

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Not a bad shout. Long walk (or a relatively expensive taxi fare) from Dyce station round to the Airport terminal; if time is tight, usually quicker to get a taxi (or the service bus) from Aberdeen station.

Swanny200

Not a bad shout. Long walk (or a relatively expensive taxi fare) from Dyce station round to the Airport terminal; if time is tight, usually quicker to get a taxi (or the service bus) from Aberdeen station.

It isn't exactly the best in terms of getting from station to airport, the taxi drivers must get a few that are caught out, 2 mile walk or what must be about £8-9 by taxi.

Veteran Member
Thanks for the info, I am not going until next year but I have to book my flight before the end of November. Furthermore I am not moving to the Newark area until next month
In normal times, 0946 Newark NG changing at Edinburgh gets you to Aberdeen 1551. The service is basically hourly but I don't imagine you'd want to be later.

theironroad

Established Member
I don't know about how long it takes from Newark to Aberdeen but if all is well by time you travel, you could change at Aberdeen for a train to Dyce but according to some sites, although the station is next to the airport, you are 2 miles from the terminal, but if you get off at Aberdeen and walk across to the bus station (next door) you can get the Jet 727 which takes around 30-40 minutes to get to the terminal, I don't know if there is any bus provision at Dyce itself, just a Taxi Rank

I've used the bus a few times from the city centre , very convenient if not exactly express. More than can be said for Dyce which I've not tried but a wee bit frustrating to have a train station alongside the airport boundary fence.....except with a runway separting it from the terminal. I've thought of walking, but it is a bit of a hike with any sort of luggage. Don't think there was a regular bus service either.

Status
Not open for further replies.