• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Good opportunity, surprised no interested here yet!

T-Karmel

Its a shame they aren't taking qualifieds
Long time ago, when recruitment was still done on Chiltern's website (possibly 3-4 years ago to be more precise), there wasn't an advert as such but a message on the side of the page saying they're always looking for qualifieds and to message them or something. Maybe it's worth trying it in case they still do it that way?

Class2ldn

Yeah well they won't take relocations either which is annoying.
Desperate to move up that way but can't get a job there. Applied for some other stuff recently so hopefully that will pay off.

SA91

Long time ago, when recruitment was still done on Chiltern's website (possibly 3-4 years ago to be more precise), there wasn't an advert as such but a message on the side of the page saying they're always looking for qualifieds and to message them or something. Maybe it's worth trying it in case they still do it that way?
Do you have the email for Chilterns HR by any chance?

T-Karmel

Do you have the email for Chilterns HR by any chance?

I don't but using wayback machine I found these details on their website from 2018. Not sure if they're still current but definitely something worth trying out for you:

Contact Us​

Recruitment
Great Central House
Marylebone Station
Melcombe Place
London
NW1 6JJ
P: 020 3856 2253
Email: [email protected]

SA91

I don't but using wayback machine I found these details on their website from 2018. Not sure if they're still current but definitely something worth trying out for you:

Contact Us​

Recruitment
Great Central House
Marylebone Station
Melcombe Place
London
NW1 6JJ
P: 020 3856 2253
Email: [email protected]
Cheers will give it a shot.

baz962

Established Member
Chiltern recruitment was being done from Overground HR since 2018.
Not sure if it still is

Lewis5949

Sadly the training centre would be a 2 hour commute each way for me (the depot I'd apply for isn't), which I'm just not willing to do. Oh well.

Keep looking on Chiltern and Abellio at regular points and missed this when it appeared earlier. Thankfully not closed yet and more than 6 months since I last tried - hopefully get past initial cut this time (though I don't remember seeing a question about being within 60 minutes of Aylesbury this time)

Omar

Hello guys,

Did anyone get a confirmation email for their application?

Omar

Same I got that too, followed by email with a link to a questionnaire.

Cassy j

Same I got that too, followed by email with a link to a questionnaire.

is the questionnaire like a SJT?

JackO2034

I’m guessing you are probably right however I thought most SJT’s were timed whereas on the email it says it’s not timed. I’ll be doing it tomorrow!

I’m guessing you are probably right however I thought most SJT’s were timed whereas on the email it says it’s not timed. I’ll be doing it tomorrow!
It said it's not timed but your response times will be noted. I think it said the recording of times starts from when you answer the first question.

I wonder if anyone ever chooses the completely obviously wrong answer to each question!!

And it doesn't send you an email with your responses to tell you it's been received!!

Last edited:

JackO2034

It said it's not timed but your response times will be noted. I think it said the recording of times starts from when you answer the first question.

I wonder if anyone ever chooses the completely obviously wrong answer to each question!!

And it doesn't send you an email with your responses to tell you it's been received!!
I think that’s pretty normal mate. You will get an update in a few weeks I could imagine.

So just to confirm, it is an SJT?

WombleGuard

Are they national or enhanced? I can't find that handy list that's on here.

Also what's the salary like please?

Oldnewbie

Does anyone know if the SJE is purely for Chiltern's purposes or would any results go on the national database? I'm thinking they would if The OPC is administering these tests.

I recently had to withdraw my DRS application because I'm in another TOC talent pool & couldn't risk jeopardizing it. Any advice much appreciated.

Bdstg

Does anyone know if the SJE is purely for Chiltern's purposes or would any results go on the national database? I'm thinking they would if The OPC is administering these tests.

I recently had to withdraw my DRS application because I'm in another TOC talent pool & couldn't risk jeopardizing it. Any advice much appreciated.
TOC talent pool meaning you’ve passed all the tests so why should it affect your DRS application surely you’d just have a DMI if you went ahead with it ? Isn’t DMI not part of the lives

Status
Not open for further replies.