• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackO2034

TOC talent pool meaning you’ve passed all the tests so why should it affect your DRS application surely you’d just have a DMI if you went ahead with it ? Isn’t DMI not part of the lives
I was always under the impression the DMI was NOT part of your lives as it’s run directly by the TOC and not the OPC.

I think the MMI is part of your lives though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oldnewbie

TOC talent pool meaning you’ve passed all the tests so why should it affect your DRS application surely you’d just have a DMI if you went ahead with it ? Isn’t DMI not part of the lives
That's what I thought as well but OPC said that I had to retake the two papers that were sent to me from DRS.

It's possible that I passed to National standard & DRS is enhanced but they couldn't (or wouldn't) confirm that.

Bdstg

That's what I thought as well but OPC said that I had to retake the two papers that were sent to me from DRS.

It's possible that I passed to National standard & DRS is enhanced but they couldn't (or wouldn't) confirm that.
DRS use enhanced standard yes

Frankie4763

Yep, and if the council mess up the roads again only people living in Southcourt and Prebendal Farm will be able to get there in 45 minutes
You don’t need to be within 45 minutes of the training school. It’s 45 minutes for your designated depot. You just need to confirm you’ll be at Ayslesbury classroom for 9. They give you a train pass.

Hertzy90

Has anyone got a phone number or direct email for anyone within chiltern recruitment team? I have had issues with the questionnaire they sent out and it’s now past the deadline

Bn98

There was an equality/equal opportunities monitoring part of the initial application I believe. Not sure about a separate one?

B1990

Gotcha! In the email with the link to the questions and SJT it said they will read the responses on Monday 1st August, guess it’s just a waiting game!

Sounds like you may have missed a massive part of the form if that's all you saw and it took 5 mins.....
Was thinking that, there were 3 pages took me a while..

Last edited:

Winnie999

There was an equality/equal opportunities monitoring part of the initial application I believe. Not sure about a separate one
after I did the one which lasted 45 mins I had to send another one which took a min or two I’m not sure if that’s just the initial like your saying

Bn98

after I did the one which lasted 45 mins I had to send another one which took a min or two I’m not sure if that’s just the initial like your saying
There was only one link in the email from recruitment. That was all we had to complete in that stage I believe.

Equal opportunities generally goes in with the application form?

Winnie999

There was only one link in the email from recruitment. That was all we had to complete in that stage I believe.

Equal opportunities generally goes in with the application form?
I thought that too but I got a separate one to fill out which I found weird!

Bn98

Don't recall this but didn't do it on a phone so may have appeared differently. On the other hand if it was emailed separately it could mean that the one with the application wasnt complete or even that its random?

No idea haha!

Hi guys how do you start the application process for trainee posts and where do you find the vacancy’s?
Google is your best friend for it really. Keep an eye regularly on here in the Careers section and through your own research. It's still a bit of a weird period in terms of recruitment - not yet back to normal post Covid. And generally normal is a very slow process. A key thing to remember - even if you get through ALL the selection don't give up your job until you have a course date (it could be a matter of just weeks or multiple years until you get pulled out of a talent pool).

RE starting applications - it's straight forward. Tends to be a CV and Cover followed by some written questions.

There is alot of resource on the forums if you do some searches under the career section. :)

Bn98

did think I was going mad LOL but hey it’s done, just wanna hear back lol
I did it on the phone too! How weird
Ha yeah! I think we all feel that pain - its the worst bit!

Just re-read the advert - "The courses begin on the 8th and 9th of September". A month until the first course!? Believe there is another on 5th Dec?

The wait is killer!

Last edited:

Just re-read the advert - "The courses begin on the 8th and 9th of September". A month until the first course!? Believe there is another on 5th Dec?

The wait is killer!
Didn't see a September option on the course start on the form. The test options were 18,19,25,26 August and 1,2 September so wouldn't leave much room to a September start.

Could only put down 5 of those 6 dates as available as didn't want to be testing (if chosen) on my birthday

nb2001uk

The wait is killer!
I strongly doubt the first course is next month; logistically impossible. The first course is December followed by some late next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.