• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee T&W Metro Driver Jobs

baz962

Established Member
Application submitted. Might be a problem with where I love however I did email nexus and they said that they take applications out of area also

I've had an invite to do psychometric tests
Where you love should have no bearing on the job :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WBFC345

Hi everyone, I applied on day one of the advert being live.
I made separate points in the supporting statement and used all 1000 word, though I could have used 100 more.
I got invited to the Psychometric tests and now I'm waiting for the results of that. I think one off them was pretty hard to answer as most of the points seemed important and you had to chose three, really struggled to pick the third.
I’m in the same boat as you, completed the psychometric testing last night so it’s just a waiting game now

Zomboida

Received a message saying id progressed but no email from OPC to start said the psychometrics yet
Did anyone receive it straight away or had to wait a little while? Thanks

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Yes it took about two hours for mine to filter through.

Just completed the psychometrics myself so it's also a waiting game...

5hunter

I don't mind if I'm not successful. I'll just keep trying. I can already drive a Metro and Loco but if I am unsuccessful it just means that I may not have the right attributes to become a driver, which would be disappointing but that's what all the tests are for.

WBFC345

I don't mind if I'm not successful. I'll just keep trying. I can already drive a Metro and Loco but if I am unsuccessful it just means that I may not have the right attributes to become a driver, which would be disappointing but that's what all the tests are for.
Any ideas when we will find out ?

magpiepotts

I have been invited to do the next stage of assessments. If successful on them they have 3 different weeks in which the face to face assessments will take place

abainbridge

I have been invited to do the next stage of assessments. If successful on them they have 3 different weeks in which the face to face assessments will take place
Did you get an email from North East jobs or just opc after the first round of tests? Hope I get through but feeling a bit deflated now because I haven't heard anything.

18nufc98

Hi, yes I also received an email this afternoon asking me to do a further 2 online assessments (visual search exercise + M7 situational judgement test) However also received another email straight after stating if I pass the 2 online assessments that the next stage will be face to face assessments which will consist of Group Bourdon, Tea-occ, TRP1 and 2. These will begin as soon as w/c 22nd Aug. Good luck everybody.

WBFC345

Hi, yes I also received an email this afternoon asking me to do a further 2 online assessments (visual search exercise + M7 situational judgement test) However also received another email straight after stating if I pass the 2 online assessments that the next stage will be face to face assessments which will consist of Group Bourdon, Tea-occ, TRP1 and 2. These will begin as soon as w/c 22nd Aug. Good luck everybody.
I have also received the same, I currently hold a psychometric test pass, does anybody know if you fail the two tests the VSE and situational judgment test, will it affect my enhanced psychometric pass?

magpiepotts

Did you get an email from North East jobs or just opc after the first round of tests? Hope I get through but feeling a bit deflated now because I haven't heard anything.
1 email from opc and another email from nexus advising about dates of assessments if successful in the next stage

Zomboida

Nothing for me. Not even any correspondence after the online tests so I'm guessing I'm unsuccessful. Best of luck to all nonetheless.
When did you complete the tests? Might just be waiting for OPC to correspond with Nexus before you get a reply

magpiepotts

I jave just completed the next two assessments. A bit harder than the previous ones. Good luck everyone

18nufc98

I've also just completed the two assessments. Definitely a lot harder than the previous ones. Be surprised if I get onto the next stage. The VSE started to get very tricky on the 3rd section.

magpiepotts

I've also just completed the two assessments. Definitely a lot harder than the previous ones. Be surprised if I get onto the next stage. The VSE started to get very tricky on the 3rd section.
Oh yes it did. I'm not too optimistic about this lot of assessments to be honest

StuM

Just done my VSE and M7 as well. The M7 is anyone's guess, really don't like doing them and the VSE was a little different to what I practiced, couldn't find any real pattern on part 2 and the train round a track had the addition of 2 trains on a track. I definitely missed 4 or 5 on the 3rd part for matching symbols and did notice the 2nd train on the track at one point but didn't hit the button in time. Just hope that was the only '2nd train' I missed and managed the rest ok ish. Definitely didn't do as well as I did on my practice materials and now it's just a waiting game. Definitely kicking myself as I done great on the practice stuff I paid for!

I wonder how many people Nexus are looking for and how many applied as the advert stated 1000 but it went all the way to the 9th didn't it? Wonder when we'll find out, hopefully before Wednesday but I imagine they will wait to see how everyone done and then allocate the assessment centre accordingly.

Good luck to everyone who tried.