• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Train Drivers - Manchester & York (21/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bridger

"Due to Health and Safety responsibilities applicants must fall within the height ranges of 5ft2 to 6ft4 inclusive"

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a requirement like this before?

Twotwo

"Due to Health and Safety responsibilities applicants must fall within the height ranges of 5ft2 to 6ft4 inclusive"

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a requirement like this before?

Nope! I'm either 5ft0 or 5ft1 and I'm a trainee for GTR. My trainer said there's other female drivers shorter then me and they carry a foldaway step ladder (e.g incase they need to isolate the doors and reaching the top bit)

T-Karmel

I think I've seen that in some advert already some time ago.
I've been asked what's my height for a TOC that didn't specify it in the advert.

REO Nate

I was asked my height for ARL in London as I’m 6’04.

They said being over that wasn’t a bar to entry but an individual risk assessment would have had to be carried out.

LokiB

Thanks for the heads up, I'd have missed it otherwise.
Anyone know if the online assessments they send are the same format as their conductor ones?

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up, I'd have missed it otherwise.
Anyone know if the online assessments they send are the same format as their conductor ones?
They are interesting. You seem to get invited to the error check if you pass SJT.

jackluker

I'm assuming it's impossible to complete all the questions in the error check test within the 10 minutes provided?

sd0733

Established Member
I got 24 on the errors one aswell. Cant see you could get a lot further without rushing straight through.

jackluker

How soon after doing the SJT did you get told to do the error check test?
I was told to do the error check test straight after finishing the SJT. You should get another email through I think, inviting you to the exam.

How far did you get?? 24 me! Let’s wait and see!!
I got into the thirties I think, however it's hard to say how accurate I was! Just worked it out that you get 12 seconds per question, which doesn't sound that bad when you think about it! Maybe it is possible! We'll have to wait and see.

ash39

Established Member
Somebody at work has had an email already to say he’s been unsuccessful after the sjt test!

I think I will be also joining that club shortly - I did the SJT test at lunchtime and haven't had a follow up invite to the next test so I'm waiting for the inevitable rejection email.

It's the second time I've taken the SJT test with First and I find it very difficult, some of the questions you cannot apply a logical bias to as it would depend heavily on company policy and training.

Katwag1

Has anyone heard if they passed the error checking? I probably only did 18-19 as my bloody laptop is ****e! It finished and then nothing! No email either way to say what the next step is/isn’t!!!

YingYing

I think I will be also joining that club shortly - I did the SJT test at lunchtime and haven't had a follow up invite to the next test so I'm waiting for the inevitable rejection email.

It's the second time I've taken the SJT test with First and I find it very difficult, some of the questions you cannot apply a logical bias to as it would depend heavily on company policy and training.

I did an SJT for a different company just before going through the TPE application and subsequent SJT. They were both very similar in that the options you're given are all very similar which makes ordering them in any sort of preference very difficult, since normally on multiple answer questions there tends to be an obviously wrong one.

LokiB

Yeah I agree with the above, I really dislike the SJT test. All the answers are very similar but worded slightly different so tends to be a bit of guess work on what to put.

Firefly83

I’ve just completed the error test. I think I got in the early 20’s. I’ve completed the SJT just before it and was sent the error test straight after. Hopefully I’ve got them right but hey if not onto the next one

LokiB

Completed the sjt and straight away sent the link for the error test. I managed to answer 30 in the 10 mins.
Now it's a waiting game to see what the outcome is.

wobman

On Moderation
Someone on another forum said that trainee drivers go onto full pay after just 8 weeks, I've never heard of any TOC doing that !

They are PQA for at least 2 years and the first 9-12 month they are unproductive whilst completing the hours.

Is this the case with TPE ???

thanks

DB0161

Someone on another forum said that trainee drivers go onto full pay after just 8 weeks, I've never heard of any TOC doing that !

They are PQA for at least 2 years and the first 9-12 month they are unproductive whilst completing the hours.

thanks
Up until as recently as a year ago that was certainly the case. Many trainees were on full pay sat at home for months during Covid whilst never set foot in the training academy due to restrictions

8J

thanks
Yes it is still the case.

Atishyou

thanks
Can also confirm this is the case.

Zontar

Presumably they are now going through the highest scorers on tests, scoring the applications and then the top x% will be invited to the next round......does anyone know what that is?

kitch31

i made it all the way to the interview stage last year before lockdown, the fact ive passed all my tests already to not get through on the SJT would be a real blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.