• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainline railcard advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hello everyone.

One of our girls is finding it impossible to get her rail card to work on her phone and can’t find a way of contacting them. This is what she just sent me:

Basically they sent me a a digital rail card which doesn't work on my phone so I wanted to contact them and get them to send me a card instead

She said that even the ticket man on the train couldn’t get it to work, yet we’ve got the discount card number. Do any of you have any thoughts? I’m a bit lost to be honest!

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hello everyone.

One of our girls is finding it impossible to get her rail card to work on her phone and can’t find a way of contacting them. This is what she just sent me:

She said that even the ticket man on the train couldn’t get it to work, yet we’ve got the discount card number. Do any of you have any thoughts? I’m a bit lost to be honest!

Thanks for any advice.
I assume this is via the app and inputting the code doesn't work?

Joe Paxton

Established Member
You could try clearing the Railcard app's cache and storage (i.e. essentially reset the app).

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Yes that’s right.
Okay, how long between receiving the code and first attempting to input it?

I ask because I understand the codes expire after a set time and you have to request a new one through a railcard account.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’m going to be out of signal for a couple of hours but I’ve asked her to check the thread and try those suggestions. Thanks both.

Status
Not open for further replies.