• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TrainPal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you book tickets through Trainpal (1st Advance) a seat is assigned to you, you can't specify which seat or choose.

Is there a way to change your assigned seat by other means ?

Traveling alone would like sgl seat.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Take your tickets to a staffed ticket office and they can change the seats for you, subject to a £10 admin fee.

gray1404

Established Member
Which train company are you travelling with? Some will allow you to select a specific seat if you book on their own website. Otherwise, you can only specify preferences if using Train Pal.

Which train company are you travelling with? Some will allow you to select a specific seat if you book on their own website. Otherwise, you can only specify preferences if using Train Pal.

LNER but I have a £10 voucher to use with TrainPal hence reason

gray1404

Established Member
In that case you could use the £10 voucher on Train Pal and then try and get a separate seat reservation for the LNER service at a booking office. I wouldn't pay £10 for it though, I'd see if they'll just do you a reservation free of charge. Failing that, you could book on Train Pal knowing that you have a seat reserved in case it is really busy, but simply take your pick of empty seats on the day. Personally I would do the latter.

Is there a promotional on Train Pal giving £10 vouchers at the moment? If so, please PM me the details as I'd be interested to know. Thanks! :)

The_Train

Established Member
Is there a promotional on Train Pal giving £10 vouchers at the moment? If so, please PM me the details as I'd be interested to know. Thanks! :)

It's a Halloween special where you can get vouchers up to £50. Just log on to your trainpal account and it comes up as a banner at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.