• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Ashly_Jethro

They haven't updated the Coastliner timetable cases, so they all have the wrong times in them. Very poor show. Hate to say it, but this MD is making the last one look like a genius.
I must say, I’m not a fan of Henri for a few reasons, I think it was one thing making him an interim replacement but Paris really should have employed someone else to fill the role, either from within Blazefield or someone from another UK bus operator that knew what they were doing

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

I must say, I’m not a fan of Henri for a few reasons, I think it was one thing making him an interim replacement but Paris really should have employed someone else to fill the role, either from within Blazefield or someone from another UK bus operator that knew what they were doing

Unfortunately Paris HQ will just see numbers on a spreadsheet. The numbers must have made for some horrific reading whilst the old CEO was at the helm, which could explain his departure and the fact he hasn't publicly acknowledged his tenure at Transdev since. Henri (or whoever took on the role) has to make some pretty tough cuts to balance the books again. It's hard to say whether someone from within Blazefield would have been able to make the same sort of cuts. I do understand it from a business perspective, it won't have been a decision made lightly. It's just concerning that the cuts could now be going too far.

Only select Transdev employees will know how well the cost cutting measures are going, but it is clear that standards are slipping across the board. Vehicle presentation and cleanliness seems to be dropping, although the buses are far from dirty it is noticeable that the attention to detail isn't there anymore.

I've not been keeping up to date with the cancellations, but in my very limited experience of using the bus for a couple of days last week to get around Lancashire rather than driving not one journey was cancelled or running late. The only weak point there was the stupid app, which I didn't end up using in the end. The old app could still be used to easily track my buses.

Ashly_Jethro

Unfortunately Paris HQ will just see numbers on a spreadsheet. The numbers must have made for some horrific reading whilst the old CEO was at the helm, which could explain his departure and the fact he hasn't publicly acknowledged his tenure at Transdev since. Henri (or whoever took on the role) has to make some pretty tough cuts to balance the books again. It's hard to say whether someone from within Blazefield would have been able to make the same sort of cuts. I do understand it from a business perspective, it won't have been a decision made lightly. It's just concerning that the cuts could now be going too far.

Only select Transdev employees will know how well the cost cutting measures are going, but it is clear that standards are slipping across the board. Vehicle presentation and cleanliness seems to be dropping, although the buses are far from dirty it is noticeable that the attention to detail isn't there anymore.

I've not been keeping up to date with the cancellations, but in my very limited experience of using the bus for a couple of days last week to get around Lancashire rather than driving not one journey was cancelled or running late. The only weak point there was the stupid app, which I didn't end up using in the end. The old app could still be used to easily track my buses.

I understand why he was sent to Blazefield and even why he was made interim MD but like I say, keeping him there does IMO seem like a poor choice.

As you say some of these cost cutting measures appear to be going to far. Not repainting the ex Zaps into Wetherby racers and keeping them at Harrogate was fair enough. Same with dialling back on fleet investments without government funding, not eg repainting the ex Ribble county mellors, and even pulling out of RC and little hotline too. But the app, axing PendleWizz, putting centros on IrwellLine, and possibly even scrapping print media, all terrible decisions that have worsened passanger experience and done themselves no favours bar saving a bit of cash.

I’m still convinced someone told me they re back in the black already (ie no longer making a loss, granted they may not have made back the lost money from that period) so I think it’s time for Paris to realise that Henri has accomplished what he was sent to do, call him back to Europe and get someone in place who knows how to maintain Blazefields reputation and continue to make bus travel desirable!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
They never added Team Pennine to that map, besides the 502

Probably as Huddersfield to Derby Dale floating separately with no link to anything else would look a bit strange

The Lancashire one probably needs revising to remove the Rochdale and Bury services
They run 3 routes that link Huddersfield and Halifax.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
You’d be the first to complain if they did a map suggesting the 343 is the best way to travel from Halifax to Huddersfield
What?

It's possible to put a line on with a place or two in the middle, like they do with the 7 between Harrogate and Leeds (which isn't the fastest route between Leeds and Wetherby, either). It's an overview map - I'm not sure it's making any suggestions, other than that these are routes they run. The 536/7 aren't the fastest routes either, but it seems odd to only have 1 Team Pennine route on the map, even the 587 if you only want to put direct routes on the map. There's several less frequent routes on the map than the missing Team Pennine ones.

RustySpoons

What?

It's possible to put a line on with a place or two in the middle, like they do with the 7 between Harrogate and Leeds (which isn't the fastest route between Leeds and Wetherby, either). It's an overview map - I'm not sure it's making any suggestions, other than that these are routes they run. The 536/7 aren't the fastest routes either, but it seems odd to only have 1 Team Pennine route on the map, even the 587 if you only want to put direct routes on the map. There's several less frequent routes on the map than the missing Team Pennine ones.

Could it be, and this is purely speculation, that other than the 502 there are plans to offload Team Pennine?

Andyh82

Established Member
Could it be, and this is purely speculation, that other than the 502 there are plans to offload Team Pennine?
No, they haven’t removed Team Pennine, they never added it, ever, in the multiple summer and winter versions of the map they’ve done since it was acquired, both during and after Alex Hornby’s time

As others have suggested, the lack of interurban services linking towns to other towns, that are the characteristic of the rest of the Blazefield network, is probably the reason why

Mollman

Established Member
No, they haven’t removed Team Pennine, they never added it, ever, in the multiple summer and winter versions of the map they’ve done since it was acquired, both during and after Alex Hornby’s time

As others have suggested, the lack of interurban services linking towns to other towns, that are the characteristic of the rest of the Blazefield network, is probably the reason why
I'd have expected them to add the X1 Holmfirth to Wakefield via Denby Dale and D1 Huddersfield to Denby Dale

Deerfold

Veteran Member

Except Halifax - Rochdale, Halifax - Huddersfield.

I am surprised that Keighley's 67 is missing, too, when in the East some fairly minor services are included (21, 24). I understand they don't have the shorter services from any part of Transdev.

SCH117X

Established Member
I think more confusion will by passengers heading to the stop by Bettys for a 3 given the 36 to Ripon will be using it. Really should have the 3 terminating with the 36 and A2 so it keeps its normal route
Ah! looking at the tracking the 3s are running "round the back" of the railway station the wrong way so to pick up the normal route just before the Library stop and then that by Bettys. B7RLE 1854 if the tracking is right is doing the 2 and 3 having been on them all day. Theres been a bit of a mess on the 3 today with most but not all workings skipping three stops due to road works which are not scheduled on that road until tomorrow.
Again if the tracking is right the X98/X99 branded Enviro 400 has been in use on the 4 and 6. Electric 803 has not tracked since Sat 13 and 807 has not tracked since doing the am turns on the peak period only rosta yesterday.