• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

peterblue

Definitely an improvement and refreshment on the old WW vehicles. I see some features similarities with the 36 in Harrogate, especially the aforementioned mini library.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

Transdev Boutique has launched. Basically a ‘pop up shop’ where you can buy face masks, coasters, Christmas cards and some obscenely priced cushions based on the new Witch Way and Zap moquette.

(Un)surprisingly the WW cushion is already sold out!

Proceeds appear to be going to NHS Charities still, absolutely no complaints there.

Speaking of Witch Way, they’ve officially been launched, due to enter service this coming Sunday.

10D12A8D-D887-4D69-AB8F-700D3325B3B2.jpeg

Theyre certainly impressive looking things, although it does appear that the X43 route number has been dropped. Also been pointed out that disappointingly Rawtenstall has been dropped from the branding too.

Ashly_Jethro

Transdev Boutique has launched. Basically a ‘pop up shop’ where you can buy face masks, coasters, Christmas cards and some obscenely priced cushions based on the new Witch Way and Zap moquette.

Proceeds appear to be going to NHS Charities still, absolutely no complaints there.

Speaking of Witch Way, they’ve officially been launched, due to enter service this coming Sunday.

View attachment 86915

Theyre certainly impressive looking things, although it does appear that the X43 route number has been dropped. Also been pointed out that disappointingly Rawtenstall has been dropped from the branding too.
Hopefully the interior branding will accommodate Rawtenstall, and hopefully have one or two rear adds with it maybe. At the very least the desti blinds should say it

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

I have to say it's good that proceeds are going to charity but, at the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, who on earth is buying WW cushions at £25 a pop??

Still, the actual vehicles look good. Will have to check them out when it's appropriate to do so; hope the ADL build quality meets the aesthetics (fingers crossed)

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
It's a competitive price for a moquette cushion – the London Transport Museum sells them for £60, although they're more of an "iconic brand" and possibly larger (no dimensions given on the Transdev site).

Or you can go onto Wayfair and get cushions for a tenner. That's more the comparator!!

I guess the target market is perhaps people into Transdev/local enthusiasts.

RustySpoons

Or you can go onto Wayfair and get cushions for a tenner. That's more the comparator!!

I guess the target market is perhaps people into Transdev/local enthusiasts.

I'm with you, I think it's a shocking price to pay for what it is.

There are a lot of enthusiasts out there that seem to eat, sleep and breathe Transdev who'll be filling their homes with any branded goodies they can get their hands on. Even so, it's a steep price to pay.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I'm with you, I think it's a shocking price to pay for what it is.

There are a lot of enthusiasts out there that seem to eat, sleep and breathe Transdev who'll be filling their homes with any branded goodies they can get their hands on. Even so, it's a steep price to pay.

In fairness, the poster above mentioned the LU cushion at £60 so don't think it's particular to Transdev fans. Have to say that aside from the odd reference book, I don't bother with much of that stuff; the only memorabilia of that type I have are a few things that my dad acquired through work (e.g. an NBC tie perhaps, his old PSV badge plus long service and other badges.

I guess each to their own.

Andyh82

Established Member
Look North weatherman Paul Hudson will be the voice of the announcements on CityZap

Corrie’s Jennie McAlpine (Fizz) is doing the announcements on the new Witch Way

SCH117X

Established Member
36 branded beer is the latest addition to the Boutique albeit being sold by the brewery concerned.

RustySpoons

The female announcer on the new WW buses is a bit annoying !
Jennie McAlpine, who plays Fiz on Corrie.

I understand the reasoning behind the audio announcements, but they do seem to cause more annoyance to the majority of passengers. Then again if they help only one passenger's journey then they've served their purpose.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Jennie McAlpine, who plays Fiz on Corrie.

I understand the reasoning behind the audio announcements, but they do seem to cause more annoyance to the majority of passengers. Then again if they help only one passenger's journey then they've served their purpose.
I think my opinion on announcements is that I agree with them at major stops which people commonly ask for (bus stations, high streets and other common points of interests) as that will of course help passengers. Otherwise, they become an annoyance.

jammy36

I think my opinion on announcements is that I agree with them at major stops which people commonly ask for (bus stations, high streets and other common points of interests) as that will of course help passengers. Otherwise, they become an annoyance.
An easy statement to make when you make it from a position of privilege. For a blind or partially sighted passenger the inclusion of audible next-stop announcements gives reassurance that they are on the right bus, where they are on their journey and when their stop is coming up.

If next stop announcements give visually impaired passengers (who might otherwise be isolated and fearful of public transport) the confidence and freedom to use the bus, then I'd like to think most people would welcome such innovation - lest we find ourselves in their shoes.

Speedbird96

It's pretty much the norm in major cities to have next-stop announcements from bus operators, and Transdev is following that norm (though granted would have preferred a professional voice-over artist compared to local announcers but that's a personal choice).

The point of the announcements is to provide accessibility to those who are blind or visually impaired. They won't serve a function if stops were omitted which defeats the point of their use. If London is able to implement in the scale such as iBus then I applaud Transdev and others who are also implementing it. Those announcements make a difference to those with disabilities or those unfamiliar with new areas.

An easy statement to make when you make it from a position of privilege. For a blind or partially sighted passenger the inclusion of audible next-stop announcements gives reassurance that they are on the right bus, where they are on their journey and when their stop is coming up.

If next stop announcements give visually impaired passengers (who might otherwise be isolated and fearful of public transport) the confidence and freedom to use the bus, then I'd like to think most people would welcome such innovation - lest we find ourselves in their shoes.
Amen to this comment.

philthetube

Established Member
I have to say it's good that proceeds are going to charity but, at the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, who on earth is buying WW cushions at £25 a pop??

Still, the actual vehicles look good. Will have to check them out when it's appropriate to do so; hope the ADL build quality meets the aesthetics (fingers crossed)
Anyone know the price of moquette, I suspect that the profit margin will be far lower than for something like a Christmas card, and you have to consider that there will be a relatively low number of these being made.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
It's pretty much the norm in major cities to have next-stop announcements from bus operators, and Transdev is following that norm (though granted would have preferred a professional voice-over artist compared to local announcers but that's a personal choice).

The point of the announcements is to provide accessibility to those who are blind or visually impaired. They won't serve a function if stops were omitted which defeats the point of their use. If London is able to implement in the scale such as iBus then I applaud Transdev and others who are also implementing it. Those announcements make a difference to those with disabilities or those unfamiliar with new areas.

Pretty much agree with this and @jammy36 - it is now becoming more common and for those with impaired vision, limiting it to just the key locations does disadvantage them and negates much of the benefit.

Anyone know the price of moquette, I suspect that the profit margin will be far lower than for something like a Christmas card, and you have to consider that there will be a relatively low number of these being made.

That I appreciate and I applaud the support of NHS charities. Just thinking that the market will be very much restricted to enthusiasts.

overthewater

Established Member
The Good people of Edinburgh happily paid £50 for Lothian poofy, and yes they sold out. They is money to be mad.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
The Good people of Edinburgh happily paid £50 for Lothian poofy, and yes they sold out. They is money to be mad.

A Freudian slip?

Again, (In the style of Hong Kong Phooey - cultural reference for the kids) I wonder who buys a Lothian pouffe?

The discerning middle classes of Morningside?
The earthier elements of Niddrie?
Or Lothian Buses enthusiasts and fanatics?

overthewater

Established Member
It Must have be a Freudian slip, From what I witnessed, it would seem a collection of all three types. However people were lapping it up, Ive yet to see any turn back up on Ebay.

markymark2000

On Moderation

No, I can see that side of it. Just stating my overall opinion on it. You don't want to lose passengers through an endless groan of announcements though and that is why I think a middle ground could be established. I mean, blind and partially sighted have used buses for the past 100 years without issue (quite a few even do the journey on their own). You also need to acknowledge the mental illnesses like autism whereby excessive noise can make journeys harder. I can see the appeal of announcements and hence me not saying scrap them. Just reduce them perhaps at times. Does every stop need to be announced? It's all good accomodating for people with one disability but that is no good if you then push out people with another one.