• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

SCH117X

Established Member
Harrogates Route 1 equally is aging with vehicles although refurbed now up to over 16 years old.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CBlue

Blaze field has renumbered some of their fleet in a similar way to those I suggested some months back.

I can't patent my fleet numbering systems but I stand by the observation made that I predicted some of Blazefields practices some months back.

Not really sure where you are coming from here but well done and many congratulations for predicting some fleet numbers. That's what you were after when posting this, I assume.

Meanwhile I don't think vehicle age should be a huge issue for Transdev. If they can keep the books balanced through heavy refurbishments rather than buying new, then it's no bad thing if the vehicles stay in decent condition.
My local Stagecoach op run a large fleet of 2010 E400s that haven't seen anything more than a mop out and wash in ten years, some of them as a result are in a totally shocking state inside and out with faded threadbare seats and patchwork panels. Give me a far tidier if older fleet any day.

Established Member
Harrogates Route 1 equally is aging with vehicles although refurbed now up to over 16 years old.
A electric E200 MMC was trialed a few months back so maybe the 1 is being looked at for new vehicles.

Ken H

On Moderation
Last time I checked buses were different to trains...
Trains have TOPS, so require a complex numbering system. Buses are different, some companies have a neat and organized system, some don't even have a system at all. That's proof that fleetnumbering isn't as big a deal as you make it out to be.
And we are allowed to express our opinions and debate, just as much as you have...
not sure why buses need a fleet number. they all have a reg number. Why not just use that? There will also be a VIN which could be used.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
not sure why buses need a fleet number. they all have a reg number. Why not just use that? There will also be a VIN which could be used.
The same could be applied to trains. Also private registrations can be transferred between vehicles, so using the reg plate can cause issues.

Ashly_Jethro

A electric E200 MMC was trialed a few months back so maybe the 1 is being looked at for new vehicles.
Yes, they’re also going to trial a Yutong and maybe another version of the Volvos they already have. They also said the same vehicles will be trialed for the shuttle too. So might be one big order like has just happened with the WitchWays and Zap

RustySpoons

AH has dropped hints towards another new brand.

Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 10.47.02.pngEp8W1K0W4AAbMaj.jpeg

With the colours I did hope it'd be for a Blackburn route (what with Transdev Blazefield being proud of their heritage they might be making a return to the traditional colours rather than do away with anything that links back to the past) but I don't think there's actually anything left of the Blackburn network that'd be suitable for a Solo-sized bus.

But if that isn't a slogan above the windows, one of the places it'll serve ends in 'on', and it appears the last letter of the brand is a 'h' if you look closely at the full size image.

We know there are some Solo's heading for Rossendale, but these are going to be branded for the Rossendale Rovers.

I did wonder if it could possibly a new brand for the 784 between Otley and Skipton? Currently run by PotN vehicles out of Idle so it doesn't actually have any identity yet, although they're using a Versa and a B7RLE at the moment (I believe) so a Solo would be a bit of a downsize. Unless of course the mock up is a red herring to throw us off the scent!

There are also various Boxing Day services running across the network today. These have proved very popular in the past, last year even requiring duplicate services to run in some cases. Whilst I can see the local/town services being decently patronised this year for people seeing family and friends (where allowed, of course) I can't see the services to Manchester and Leeds being well used with everywhere still being Tier 3 and none-essential shops closed.

Rossendale Rovers launches on the 4th January, using Solos that I believe have come from Europcar. There will be some service amendments too.

New Route 7 will run between Rawtenstall and Todmorden
Route 8 will still run between Burnley and Bacup. It seems that someone at LCC has finally seen sense, as it now runs via Burnley Wood again replacing the very much round the houses and useless service 15a that previously served the area.
Routes 10, 11, 12 and 13 remain unchanged.

These are all due to be operated from Queensgate.

I just spotted this on Twitter.
It’s a little embarrassing if correct...

It's a shame they seem to have ignored it. If Rosso/Transdev could have a laugh at themselves and admit their mistake it could make for some funny PR. 'We've scored an own goal', etc. Although it's a pretty big error to make in the first place, you'd expect them to check the sources for pictures, what's more surprising is that it's taken more than 2 years for someone to notice. Do people really not pay that much attention to the internal branding? You'd expect at least some Accy Stanley fans to use the 464...

I've also heard that the last two B10BLEs are due to leave Keighley and are to be replaced by a couple of B7s from Blackburn that are being replaced on the 152 by ex Witch Way B9s. There's been at least one ex Witch in Hotline base colours pictured, although I think it's safe to assume there's more. Hopefully they'll be having USB chargers retrofitted before entering service, otherwise Hotline can possibly take the award for the laziest 'upgrades' over the years.

There's also rumours that the 3 ex Witches that were due to go to Coastliner are now staying at Queensgate, although I'm not sure why or what they'd be used for! Too soon to replace the Pendle Wazz B7s surely, and can't see them needing any additional spares for the Witch Way.

The 19th E400 has been delivered to York in Pride of the North colours, but makes no reference to Pride of the North and looks more like an advertising/promo vehicle.

I believe it's going to be based in Yorkshire so it can run either CityZap or Coastliner routes when required.

To me it looks very dull compared to the CityZap and the new Witches!

The rest of the batch have been in service for a few weeks now on both sides of the Pennines and have been very well received by staff and passengers. The Witches especially have a great road presence and really do turn heads in a way I don't think a bus has since the original Witch Way was launched back in 2005.

Although Transdev really have messed up, there's been armchair enthusiasts that have proclaimed they're rubbish because they don't 'thrash' like the old Volvo's did and they're not Scania engined so they'll only last two years tops... :rolleyes:

Edited for spelling/grammar mistakes

Last edited:

RustySpoons

Sorry - did you mean Transdev have messed up by getting ADLs?

Sorry, that last paragraph was intended to be purely sarcastic. Some of the bile that has been spouted by some of the enthusiast community about them is laughable.

I personally think they're bob on the for the job.

philthetube

Established Member
Driver, take bus 1111 or take bus AA 11 AAA, fleet number or registration, I know which is more likely to cause mistakes.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Sorry, that last paragraph was intended to be purely sarcastic. Some of the bile that has been spouted by some of the enthusiast community about them is laughable.

I personally think they're bob on the for the job.
No worries - I did wonder ;) :lol:

If we listened to every gricer, and how these modern buses wouldn't last 5 minutes, we'd still be travelling on Titan PD2s and Bristol KSWs!!

peterblue

The new buses hinted at by AH are likely for the new Skipton-Otley route. You can make out '...on' on the right image.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Driver, take bus 1111 or take bus AA 11 AAA, fleet number or registration, I know which is more likely to cause mistakes.
Funnily enough, there were a pair of Bristol VRs of Badgerline in Bath numbered 5601 and 6501. However, 6501 was a full height example (14'6) so with the potential for confusion (and low bridges etc), 6501 was renumbered 6516

RustySpoons

The new buses hinted at by AH are likely for the new Skipton-Otley route. You can make out '...on' on the right image.
Funnily enough, there were a pair of Bristol VRs of Badgerline in Bath numbered 5601 and 6501. However, 6501 was a full height example (14'6) so with the potential for confusion (and low bridges etc), 6501 was renumbered 6516

There was a mixup with fleet numbers at Blackburn many years ago, where instead of 2713 (a B7) being allocated to the X41, 2173 (an Olympian) was sent out instead.

Think it only did one return journey, but I bet it was an impressive run!

Incidentally that very bus is now in preservation, currently undergoing restoration in Great Harwood.

peterblue

View attachment 87669View attachment 87670

With the colours I did hope it'd be for a Blackburn route (what with Transdev Blazefield being proud of their heritage they might be making a return to the traditional colours rather than do away with anything that links back to the past) but I don't think there's actually anything left of the Blackburn network that'd be suitable for a Solo-sized bus.

But if that isn't a slogan above the windows, one of the places it'll serve ends in 'on', and it appears the last letter of the brand is a 'h' if you look closely at the full size image.

We know there are some Solo's heading for Rossendale, but these are going to be branded for the Rossendale Rovers.

I did wonder if it could possibly a new brand for the 784 between Otley and Skipton? Currently run by PotN vehicles out of Idle so it doesn't actually have any identity yet, although they're using a Versa and a B7RLE at the moment (I believe) so a Solo would be a bit of a downsize. Unless of course the mock up is a red herring to throw us off the scent!

There are also various Boxing Day services running across the network today. These have proved very popular in the past, last year even requiring duplicate services to run in some cases. Whilst I can see the local/town services being decently patronised this year for people seeing family and friends (where allowed, of course) I can't see the services to Manchester and Leeds being well used with everywhere still being Tier 3 and none-essential shops closed.

Rossendale Rovers launches on the 4th January, using Solos that I believe have come from Europcar. There will be some service amendments too.

Route 8 will still run between Burnley and Bacup. It seems that someone at LCC has finally seen sense, as it now runs via Burnley Wood again replacing the very much round the houses and useless service 15a that previously served the area.

It's a shame they seem to have ignored it. If Rosso/Transdev could have a laugh at themselves and admit their mistake it could make for some funny PR. 'We've scored an own goal', etc. Although it's a pretty big error to make in the first place, you'd expect them to check the sources for pictures, what's more surprising is that it's taken more than 2 years for someone to notice. Do people really not pay that much attention to the internal branding? You'd expect at least some Accy Stanley fans to use the 464...

I've also heard that the last two B10BLEs are due to leave Keighley and are to be replaced by a couple of B7s from Blackburn that are being replaced on the 152 by ex Witch Way B9s. There's been at least one ex Witch in Hotline base colours pictured, although I think it's safe to assume there's more. Hopefully they'll be having USB chargers retrofitted before entering service, otherwise Hotline can possibly take the award for the laziest 'upgrades' over the years.

There's also rumours that the 3 ex Witches that were due to go to Coastliner are now staying at Queensgate, although I'm not sure why or what they'd be used for! Too soon to replace the Pendle Wazz B7s surely, and can't see them needing any additional spares for the Witch Way.

The 19th E400 has been delivered to York in Pride of the North colours, but makes no reference to Pride of the North and looks more like an advertising/promo vehicle.

I believe it's going to be based in Yorkshire so it can run either CityZap or Coastliner routes when required.

The rest of the batch have been in service for a few weeks now on both sides of the Pennines and have been very well received by staff and passengers. The Witches especially have a great road presence and really do turn heads in a way I don't think a bus has since the original Witch Way was launched back in 2005.

Although Transdev really have messed up, there's been armchair enthusiasts that have proclaimed they're rubbish because they don't 'thrash' like the old Volvo's did and they're not Scania engined so they'll only last two years tops... :rolleyes:

I heard rumours that the old WWs are being cascaded to hotline, but I'm unsure of the veracity of this information!

I did travel on the 'new' spare/potn bus before Christmas. It doesn't look too bad to me, although I agree that the palette isn't as striking as the Cityzaps / Witchways. The interior on the inside is visually similar to the Witchways but with grey seating instead of orange.

cnjb8

Established Member

View attachment 87669View attachment 87670

The Solos were new to Dawsonrentals and leased by them to other operators, for example Europcar like you say.
I heard rumours that the old WWs are being cascaded to hotline, but I'm unsure of the veracity of this information!

I did travel on the 'new' spare/potn bus before Christmas. It doesn't look too bad to me, although I agree that the palette isn't as striking as the Cityzaps / Witchways. The interior on the inside is visually similar to the Witchways but with grey seating instead of orange.
Yes there is a photo of one as mentioned on here.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Please stop using abbreviations or acronyms in posts without defining them the first instance they're used.

"AH" might be known to frequent visitors, but the occasional browser will have no idea that it's Ailsa Harrington. :)

Ashly_Jethro

I wouldn’t be so sure, as mentioned earlier it’s unlikely to be downgraded to a solo sized route. I’d guess more for Skipton-Grassington as that uses a solo atm, it has previously has a route branded versa before its lease expires using the same Lancs United yellow.

Yes, this is true, I’ve seen 3 of them in the hotline base colours but there could be more, they should be getting 7 all together, replacing the 7 Hotline B7s they have now.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Please stop using abbreviations or acronyms in posts without defining them the first instance they're used.

"AH" might be known to frequent visitors, but the occasional browser will have no idea that it's Ailsa Harrington. :)
I thought it was Audrey Hepburn - famous Belgian born actress who controls Transdev from the spirit world :s

burns20

Thinking outside the box would linking the 784 with the 72 as one route (Otley-Ilkley-Skipton-Grassington) offer any efficiencies?

Easy to remember numbers from Otley to Addingham 62 and 72

Ken H

On Moderation
Thinking outside the box would linking the 784 with the 72 as one route (Otley-Ilkley-Skipton-Grassington) offer any efficiencies?

Easy to remember numbers from Otley to Addingham 62 and 72
I would join the 66 to 72 to make a Keighley - Grassington route. Especially on summer weekends. Ilkley - Grassington via Skipton is a bit of an L shape.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I would join the 66 to 72 to make a Keighley - Grassington route. Especially on summer weekends. Ilkley - Grassington via Skipton is a bit of an L shape.
The old 66A on a Sunday used to do that. But then on a Sunday they're both hourly.

Last edited:

SCH117X

Established Member
Or could be a rebrand of the "Little Explorer" York- Ripon-Knaresborough service - using Solos on it would release Versas allowing for one or more to go to Idle and hence releasing the B7RLE to go elsewhere. It was reported six Solos were being acquired for Rossendale services but only four have turned up.

JetBlast

Or could be a rebrand of the "Little Explorer" York- Ripon-Knaresborough service - using Solos on it would release Versas allowing for one or more to go to Idle and hence releasing the B7RLE to go elsewhere. It was reported six Solos were being acquired for Rossendale services but only four have turned up.
Have the Rosso Solos entered service yet? Do we have any pictures please?

RustySpoons

Have the Rosso Solos entered service yet? Do we have any pictures please?
Not yet, 4th January they're due to enter service.

No pictures yet, although Alex Hornby has posted a bit of a teaser pic.

https://twitter.com/alextransdev/status/1343643720701386754?s=20

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 10.58.25.png

I'm not so sure on that branding on the back, I mean who racks up balls like that?!

well transdev used to think it worth wile running manchester - grassington on summer sundays.. with deckers

Were the summer journeys not subsidised?

JetBlast

Ashly_Jethro

I'm not so sure on that branding on the back, I mean who racks up balls like that?!
Oh yeah, I hadn’t noticed that... how strange :|

Thanks. It seems the Rosso brand is slowly being phased out.
It’s the same with few of the other subsidiaries, keighley for example has had DalesWay, AireLine, Keighley jets, and possibly a new brand brewing in addition to the shuttle and Brontë bus, a lot of the Keighley bus co. buses are often used as spares. I doubt Rosso will disappear as a brand, it’ll just encompass the brands it does have.

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Were the summer journeys not subsidised?

The Sunday journeys between Skipton and Grassington have been subsidised as long as I can remember, both Summer and Winter. They used to be joined onto the 66A from Keighley (going further back, the 67A). Then Transdev Burnley started running them as the 872, with a positioning journey each day from/to Burnley. Then they joined together the X43 from Manchester to Burnley, the Burnley to Skipton service and the Skipton to Grassington service with the number changing between the X43 and 872 at Burnley. Shortly after Keighley and District took over the weekday 72, they started running the Sunday service as a 72.

The Sunday 66, 72 and PendleWizz services all arrive and leave Skipton at about the same times in most hours, making connections fairly easy.