• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

M60lad

Looking at the zoomed in shot this is Rosso's 604 which was involved in the incident the other week in Bury Interchange and luckily no-one was hurt as I think the bus was empty at the time and it happened about 06:30 in the morning.

Ashly_Jethro

Here’s a question, with Harrogate trialing new vehicles for the one, what will happen to their current low emissions fleet? 4 of them are 07s with the rest being 04s, can anyone who frequently uses them comment on their condition? Must have a decent amount of life left in them to be used elsewhere

Bwsbro

Here’s a question, with Harrogate trialing new vehicles for the one, what will happen to their current low emissions fleet? 4 of them are 07s with the rest being 04s, can anyone who frequently uses them comment on their condition? Must have a decent amount of life left in them to be used elsewhere

From memory they were in pretty good shape, when I last traveled on them the seats had been reupholstered. There’s definitely a decent amount of life left in the 07’s

Ashly_Jethro

From memory they were in pretty good shape, when I last traveled on them the seats had been reupholstered. There’s definitely a decent amount of life left in the 07’s
They could see off of the B10s in either Keighley or Blackburn. Maybe blackburn as I heard they’re due for withdrawal soon.

Bwsbro

A new brand in Burnley for the newly won Lancashire Tenders is Ribble County. I wonder if these are to be new vehicles or transfer of some of the Keighley Strata’s

Attachments

• B381757A-959D-4EEE-8FAF-EFD679B55C66.jpeg
    B381757A-959D-4EEE-8FAF-EFD679B55C66.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 62

RustySpoons

A new brand in Burnley for the newly won Lancashire Tenders is Ribble County. I wonder if these are to be new vehicles or transfer of some of the Keighley Strata’s
There's been rumours that there'll be a new fleet arriving at Queensgate, so I'd say the Keighley ones won't be going anywhere.

As for the branding... Hopefully they'll look less awful in person!

northern506

The look of the headlights to me would discount the Keighley ones.
Could be wrong however!

Unless Stratas aren't being used on all awarded services, then I wouldn't think there'd be enough.

The 4/64/65/66/67 currently have a PVR of 5, and the 14/95/95A currently have a PVR of 7. So I'd imagine new (or second-hand) buses will be needed. And based on the award documents, more vehicles may be needed as it looks like the routes are changing (e.g service 65 extending to the Hospital)

Not a fan of the livery at all.

Andyh82

Established Member
Unless Stratas aren't being used on all awarded services, then I wouldn't think there'd be enough.

The 4/64/65/66/67 currently have a PVR of 5, and the 14/95/95A currently have a PVR of 7. So I'd imagine new (or second-hand) buses will be needed. And based on the award documents, more vehicles may be needed as it looks like the routes are changing (e.g service 65 extending to the Hospital)

Not a fan of the livery at all.
Also what people suddenly think would operate the services they run in Keighley

RustySpoons

I wonder if this brand will only be on the Nelson - Clitheroe and Clitheroe local services, as none of the others actually have anything to do with the Ribble Valley. Pendle Country would have been more fitting otherwise.

philthetube

Established Member
I wonder if anyone still owns the Ribble brand, and if there could be any issues there?

RustySpoons

I wonder if anyone still owns the Ribble brand, and if there could be any issues there?

Think there'd only be issues if they just went with 'Ribble' but as this is Ribble Country they'd probably be fine, otherwise there'd be potential issues with Ribble Cycles, Ribble Taxis, etc.

SCH117X

Established Member
They could see off of the B10s in either Keighley or Blackburn. Maybe blackburn as I heard they’re due for withdrawal soon.
Seemingly not those at Blackburn as WYIS have noted 1100 and 1101 are being repainted into Blackburn Bus Company colours.

Ken H

On Moderation
I wonder if this brand will only be on the Nelson - Clitheroe and Clitheroe local services, as none of the others actually have anything to do with the Ribble Valley. Pendle Country would have been more fitting otherwise.
Ribble operated in the area. maybe a bit of nostalgia.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Ribble operated in the area. maybe a bit of nostalgia.
True enough. I always find it a bit odd when people complain about "geographic inaccuracies" by X company these days (not just Transdev but First Kernow in Devon as one example) when we had Ribble operating buses in Merseyside and Carlisle simultaneously.

Again, it could easily become a thread of its own :lol:

Ken H

On Moderation
True enough. I always find it a bit odd when people complain about "geographic inaccuracies" by X company these days (not just Transdev but First Kernow in Devon as one example) when we had Ribble operating buses in Merseyside and Carlisle simultaneously.

Again, it could easily become a thread of its own :lol:
Bristol operated well outside Bristol. Cheltenham and Gloucester for starters

Ashly_Jethro

Seemingly not those at Blackburn as WYIS have noted 1100 and 1101 are being repainted into Blackburn Bus Company colours.
There’s still pleanty in the old LU brand so they could be going, so not completely ruled out

Part of a 23 vehicle fleet they have on order, Keighley’s are staying put. Besides, if any more of Keighley’s newer buses left, they’d probably have a mob on their hands

317 forever

Established Member
There’s still pleanty in the old LU brand so they could be going, so not completely ruled out

Part of a 23 vehicle fleet they have on order, Keighley’s are staying put. Besides, if any more of Keighley’s newer buses left, they’d probably have a mob on their hands
Have Transdev announced what the rest of the 23 buses on order are?

317 forever

Established Member
Judging by the photo it's a Mellor Strata Plus or Ultra
I thought it was only about 12 minibuses needed for the new Lancashire contracts.

As an aside, I wonder whether the ex-Witchway Volvo B9TLs will be refurbished for other routes? They are bound to be repainted at least. I understand some are being allocated to route 66 (Keighley - Skipton) and 152 (Burnley - Preston).

RustySpoons

Have Transdev announced what the rest of the 23 buses on order are?
All Mellors of some description I believe, as above. There were apparently a batch on order anyway to see off the last of the Rosso Solos, but they've added to the order for the new LCC work.

317 forever

Established Member
All Mellors of some description I believe, as above. There were apparently a batch on order anyway to see off the last of the Rosso Solos, but they've added to the order for the new LCC work.
Thanks - interesting to learn that some are coming to replace the Rosso Solos too.