• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

I wonder if Harry's secretly a bit of an enthusias lol. I remember operating lighting for a First Bus awards event a few years ago and he was hosting that. He's a very nice gentleman, unlike some other well known names.

Though I was sat there watching them congratulate themselves on how amazing they are whilst thinking every First bus I had gone for that week hadn't shown up. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JetBlast

It looks like Transdev have a Routemaster on the York Sightseeing Tour.

On loan to Yorkshire Coastliner is 510CLT for couple of trips on the City Sightseeing tour to raise funds for a local charity

Credit: lowdekka

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyh82

Established Member
Rosso are making some changes from the 2nd January

Lake Line 457 reduced from half hourly to hourly
Trax 467/468 normally every 10 mins, currently every 15 mins, will be reduced to every 20 mins

Minor changes on Bury Bolts B1 and seven school services will pass to First Greater Manchester

They say they are temporary changes due to the driver shortage

noddingdonkey

Those Boxing Day services are likely to be PTE sponsored in West Yorkshire, as they have done for many years now

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Those Boxing Day services are likely to be PTE sponsored in West Yorkshire, as they have done for many years now
Yeah, the hourly Denby Dale service (82, 233, D1) on Boxing Day has run for years. Fair enough for Transdev to publicise it though- I was previously a branding skeptic but the Denby Darts thing has definitely (or rather, anecdotally) led to people using the bus instead of driving.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
They are (including the new £1 single fare this year).

I've thought the 36 was commercial though they seem to be doing £1 fares along the whole route.

The first 72 from Bradford usually runs with 2 duplicates joining it along the route but this year appears to just have 1.

Andyh82

Established Member
They are (including the new £1 single fare this year).

I've thought the 36 was commercial though they seem to be doing £1 fares along the whole route.

The first 72 from Bradford usually runs with 2 duplicates joining it along the route but this year appears to just have 1.
They are running some trips additionally as service X6 this year at the start and end of the days service

Established Member
Alex Hornby has posted on twitter about what to expect in 2022:
twitter link
Party popper
Things to look forward to in 2022 (1/2)
Green heart
an enhanced colleague facility @keighleybus
Yellow heart
more new routes, improvements to fleet & facilities @rossobus Rochdale
Growing heart
more fleet replacement @teampennine, new look at Elland depot inc customer services hub both here & at Intack
twitter link 2
1f389.png
Things to look forward to in 2022 (2/2)
❤️
Full renewal of our school & college bus fleet
@harrogatebus
⚡️
Deal to bring 71 new electric buses to our region will hopefully be approved!
1f3c6.png
The return of our #AmazingAwards
1f393.png
Two more @TheAcademyTalk centres #HappyNewYear

RustySpoons

Interesting that there's no mention of Burnley on there, I thought the B10BLEs may have been due for replacement on the local services this year. I wonder if they're waiting on the electric buses bid to be approved before making any decisions of fleet renewals/cascades?

M60lad

I wonder whether the new routes at Rossobus Rochdale have anything to do with the TfGM Tenders coming up in April?

rishtonlad

I noticed last night that they seem to be continuing with the 1 pound fares after 7pm as I though these were coming to an end on 31st December.

Geeves

Established Member
I followed a Rosso TRAX liveried 64 plate Streetlite as far as the Woodhead Road (Glossop) on Thursday afternoon, transferring east?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I followed a Rosso TRAX liveried 64 plate Streetlite as far as the Woodhead Road (Glossop) on Thursday afternoon, transferring east?
Where would this have come from? An unusual route to Waterloo (presumably) from anywhere other than the Peak District or Potteries.

RustySpoons

A lot of the bigger engineering/mechanical work and bodywork repairs tend to be outsourced now. There's a chance it could have been having work done nearby and been out on a test drive possibly.

Twb1979

Does anyone know what the next round of investments are at next at Team Pennine?

I know that another Optare YJ10 EZF has been refurbished but still retains the orange destos, but since the arrival of the Mellors things have been very stagnant.

With all the loans currently assigned to the TP fleet there’s clearly a vehicle shortage.

SCH117X

Established Member
Probably a lot rides on on electric vehicle bids they have in and if successful consequential shuffling of fleets. Its not usual for Transdev Blazefield fleets to be multi coloured whilst matters evolve.

Bwsbro

Mr Hornby has just tweeted to say that former Nottingham City Transport vehicles have been purchased in order to upgrade school buses across the network.

Photos attached in the tweet show Enviro 200 - YX13AEK, YX13BNZ and Omnidekka YR10BDU

https://twitter.com/alextransdev/status/1486262231495065602?s=21
Incoming! We are updating our school fleet and withdrawing older vehicles to make way for these really smart and well maintained ultra low emission buses from our friends @NCT_Buses.

Full repaint and refurbishment to follow before they hit the streets of the north.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I wonder if Transdev should consider updating their timetables to remove journeys which almost never run.
So far as I can tell the 0728 from Keighley to Leeds last ran on the 6th January. Since 5 September 2021, I doubt it has run 10 times. When introduced it plugged a large gap in the 60 timetable, but the bus before was moved a little earlier and the one after a little later so now there's usually an even bigger gap. Annoyingly for those not going far on it, the 0735 662 is often cancelled too.
I'd catch it 2 or three times a week if it ran.

Bwsbro

What are they likely to replace please?
He previously tweeted that the Harrogate school fleet is going through through a full fleet renewal.

Additionally of course, with new routes being introduced at Rosso and Low Emission Zones coming into force in Manchester and possibly Leeds, Replacment vehicles may also be required

vla50

Mr Hornby has just tweeted to say that former Nottingham City Transport vehicles have been purchased in order to upgrade school buses across the network.

Photos attached in the tweet show Enviro 200 - YX13AEK, YX13BNZ and Omnidekka YR10BDU

https://twitter.com/alextransdev/status/1486262231495065602?s=21
Would the Enviro 200s be used to replace the ancient B10s operated by Keighley Bus Company? Must say they do look a bit modern for that type of work.

Murray J

Would the Enviro 200s be used to replace the ancient B10s operated by Keighley Bus Company? Must say they do look a bit modern for that type of work.
apparently they're for Team Pennine. Can't remember where I saw it but also worth noting the WYIS Transdev fleet list also lists them as for team pennine.

Scotrail88

apparently they're for Team Pennine. Can't remember where I saw it but also worth noting the WYIS Transdev fleet list also lists them as for team pennine.

Do we know how many in total are coming?

Only 3 in the picture but hopefully a larger quantity overall.