• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Murray J

Do we know how many in total are coming?

Only 3 in the picture but hopefully a larger quantity overall.
6 E200s have arrived (YX13AEG/J/K, YX13BNY, YX63LHY/Z) already, apparently 9 more are to follow according to WYIS. Must admit I had no idea about the omnidekkas being acquired so no info on that unfortunately.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northernchris

Established Member
I wonder if Transdev should consider updating their timetables to remove journeys which almost never run.
So far as I can tell the 0728 from Keighley to Leeds last ran on the 6th January. Since 5 September 2021, I doubt it has run 10 times. When introduced it plugged a large gap in the 60 timetable, but the bus before was moved a little earlier and the one after a little later so now there's usually an even bigger gap. Annoyingly for those not going far on it, the 0735 662 is often cancelled too.
I'd catch it 2 or three times a week if it ran.

Yes, it would make sense to temporarily remove the 0728 from Keighley given the high cancellation rate of the journey. Hopefully though the 60 timetable will be looked at once the Greengates roadworks are complete as there's opportunity to reduce running times which may eliminate the need for the extra journey

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Yes, it would make sense to temporarily remove the 0728 from Keighley given the high cancellation rate of the journey. Hopefully though the 60 timetable will be looked at once the Greengates roadworks are complete as there's opportunity to reduce running times which may eliminate the need for the extra journey
Without that bus there's a 57 minute gap, the biggest gap in the timetable before 1810 (it only used to be 52 minutes before they "closed the gap").

Fisherman80

Not posted on here for a while,but has anyone ever received a reply to a complaint they have made about The Keighley bus company?

vla50

Does anyone know if any of the replacements sourced will indirectly release buses to replace the Renowns? The batch are all 23-24 years old now, whilst there’s no issue with having buses that old doing a journey or two a day there were replacements sourced for Harrogate for similar aged buses so thought some might be acquired to replace the Renowns?

northernchris

Established Member
Without that bus there's a 57 minute gap, the biggest gap in the timetable before 1810 (it only used to be 52 minutes before they "closed the gap").

The 0728 actually ran this morning! Wonder how many people used it given it's not a journey that can be depended on. However if the timetable is looked at to reduce the excess running time the gap could be closed without the need for 0728 to run

Not posted on here for a while,but has anyone ever received a reply to a complaint they have made about The Keighley bus company?

Yes, I've contacted them on 2 occasions and both times received a response within a few days

Nope. Have been asked to DM them when I complain via Twitter, but they ultimately never respond to that.

When the company states that they are 'Amazing' then I expect nothing less each time I travel.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Not Keighley, but I've been in touch with Harrogate on a few occasions (via e-mail and twitter) and always received a satisfactory reply. On the last occasion, via twitter, they resolved my problem, which was a ticketing/app issue, within 24 hours - so I really can't fault them there!

CBlue

Nope. Have been asked to DM them when I complain via Twitter, but they ultimately never respond to that.

When the company states that they are 'Amazing' then I expect nothing less each time I travel.
Could well be that the nature of your message, or the implied tone taken, is why a reply isn't received?

Not Keighley, but I've been in touch with Harrogate on a few occasions (via e-mail and twitter) and always received a satisfactory reply. On the last occasion, via twitter, they resolved my problem, which was a ticketing/app issue, within 24 hours - so I really can't fault them there!

SCH117X

Established Member
The Keighley twitter feed seems to have responses to complaints on it. Some seem slightly unsure of matters and I do wonder if the twitter accounts are being run centrally (ie Harrogate).

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The Keighley twitter feed seems to have responses to complaints on it. Some seem slightly unsure of matters and I do wonder if the twitter accounts are being run centrally (ie Harrogate).
Is that recently?
Mine certainly never get a response.

SCH117X

Established Member
Is that recently?
Jan 26 re standard of driving
Jan 25 re missing 60s
Jan 24 re delay in giving out details of cancellations
Jan 24 re lack of updated live info at stops
Jan 22 re faulty wheelchair ramp
Jan 21 re a missing 60
Jan 19/20 re a missing K9
etc
Are you just viewing tweets and not tweets and replies

northernchris

Established Member
Is that recently?

Have you tried going through Metro? They are usually responsive and will forward on to the operator so they can't claim it wasn't received

Could well be that the nature of your message, or the implied tone taken, is why a reply isn't received?

Ironically, it's the 'customer service' team at Keighley who have an inappropriate tone. They would certainly benefit from tone of voice training

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Have you tried going through Metro? They are usually responsive and will forward on to the operator so they can't claim it wasn't received
I have. Sometimes I get a response when sent via Metro.

A long time ago I did complain directly via Alex Hornby. He did give a detailed response, but Keighley didn't seem to actually do most of the things he said they would.

Jan 26 re standard of driving
Jan 25 re missing 60s
Jan 24 re delay in giving out details of cancellations
Jan 24 re lack of updated live info at stops
Jan 22 re faulty wheelchair ramp
Jan 21 re a missing 60
Jan 19/20 re a missing K9
etc
Are you just viewing tweets and not tweets and replies
I asked if they were recent as I haven't gone looking recently.

I do see a lot of questions that are not answered after a day or two, including the vast majority of mine when there's a complaint. When I praise I often get a like within an hour or two.

Just had a quick look. I've asked a question or complained 18 times since the beginning of November last year. None has had a response from Transdev Keighley.

Last edited:

RustySpoons

It does seem to be very hit and miss whether you get a reply, not just to complaints or issues but general enquiries.

I do think it's safe to say that praise gets a lot more attention than criticism, and that is somewhat understandable. But when passengers are being let down and being made late for work, or not able to complete their journeys a bit more effort needs to be made.

It does seem that the majority of tweets are coming from somewhere that isn't the local depot, which is not ideal. A few times people have questioned missing journeys or late running and the reply is along the lines of 'we haven't been informed of any late running/dropped services'. I'm sure if it was the local depot/duty managers replying they'd know whether a bus was on the road or not.

Stan Drews

Established Member
It does seem to be very hit and miss whether you get a reply, not just to complaints or issues but general enquiries.

I do think it's safe to say that praise gets a lot more attention than criticism, and that is somewhat understandable. But when passengers are being let down and being made late for work, or not able to complete their journeys a bit more effort needs to be made.

It does seem that the majority of tweets are coming from somewhere that isn't the local depot, which is not ideal. A few times people have questioned missing journeys or late running and the reply is along the lines of 'we haven't been informed of any late running/dropped services'. I'm sure if it was the local depot/duty managers replying they'd know whether a bus was on the road or not.
Did they not set up a customer service team based in Blackburn, and perhaps another in Harrogate. I seem to recall them advertising the vacancies a while back.

RustySpoons

Did they not set up a customer service team based in Blackburn, and perhaps another in Harrogate. I seem to recall them advertising the vacancies a while back.
I do vaguely remember something about that now you've mentioned it. Whilst having a customer service team dealing with everything may work on paper, it doesn't seem to work well in reality. Especially with the amount of journeys that are still being dropped.

On the subject of dropped journeys, how much longer do we think it's going to go on for? Most services are running reduced timetables, there seem to be an endless supply of new drivers starting and getting out on the road now the DVLA have got their act (somewhat) together, but there doesn't seem to be any decrease in duties being dropped.

I suppose positive Covid tests could be the reason some journeys are dropped, but the excuse they always give is the driver shortage. Or maybe that's just the easiest excuse to give.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I do vaguely remember something about that now you've mentioned it. Whilst having a customer service team dealing with everything may work on paper, it doesn't seem to work well in reality. Especially with the amount of journeys that are still being dropped.

On the subject of dropped journeys, how much longer do we think it's going to go on for? Most services are running reduced timetables, there seem to be an endless supply of new drivers starting and getting out on the road now the DVLA have got their act (somewhat) together, but there doesn't seem to be any decrease in duties being dropped.

I suppose positive Covid tests could be the reason some journeys are dropped, but the excuse they always give is the driver shortage. Or maybe that's just the easiest excuse to give.
The only other explanation is that drivers are leaving as quickly as new ones are starting.

Stan Drews

Established Member
I think ‘driver availability’ is probably a more accurate term for cancelled journeys, as at most operators it’s a combination of the long period when the normal flow of new drivers was effectively switched off, leading to a shortage, and the fact that there is a much higher level of sickness due to positive covid tests and isolating requirements.

Just how much that impacts at different operators can then come down to how many alternatives there are, either in the bus industry or others, within their catchment area.

SCH117X

Established Member
Harrogate seem to be doing reasonably well tweeting out cancellations but they did blunder last week with a cancelled 7 which was presumablky a 36 as the next bus was in 15 minutes while Route 1 cancellations invariably are followed by Buses every 7 minutes which plainly cannot be the case with a cancelled working. CV stats seem to given out on Local Authority area so narrowing them down to the depot locations is difficult but both Harrogate and Bradford (for Keighley) have rates above the national average.

northernchris

Established Member

Keighley are seeing a reduction in cancellations now, and in the last couple of weeks it seems to be vehicle rather than driver shortage which is causing the bulk of missing trips

JetBlast

I’m assuming there is software to manage what routes are running etc. I am surprised that isn’t setup to automatically publish cancellations.

Stan Drews

Established Member
I’m assuming there is software to manage what routes are running etc. I am surprised that isn’t setup to automatically publish cancellations.
The software won’t manage what routes are running. That will still be done by the duty managers, although I’d imagine they will have access to the software. Some of it will be down to who phones in sick that day (or maybe the night before), so no matter how clever your software might be, it will still require some human intervention to know what journeys won’t be running. When you’re run off your feet in a busy traffic office, trying to get everything covered and the buses all out on time, it isn’t always easy to spend your time on Twitter. Which is one of the reasons why companies use central customer service teams. However, they still need to be told what is happening!!

JetBlast

The software won’t manage what routes are running. That will still be done by the duty managers, although I’d imagine they will have access to the software. Some of it will be down to who phones in sick that day (or maybe the night before), so no matter how clever your software might be, it will still require some human intervention to know what journeys won’t be running. When you’re run off your feet in a busy traffic office, trying to get everything covered and the buses all out on time, it isn’t always easy to spend your time on Twitter. Which is one of the reasons why companies use central customer service teams. However, they still need to be told what is happening!!
Surely they will intervene and have accurate records of what is running and what isn’t?

Stan Drews

Established Member
Surely they will intervene and have accurate records of what is running and what isn’t?
Yes, they will know what they are able to cover, and anything that isn’t running, but the software still needs to be given that information in some form by a human, and that human may have multi-tasking limits!

JetBlast

Yes, they will know what they are able to cover, and anything that isn’t running, but the software still needs to be given that information in some form by a human, and that human may have multi-tasking limits!

Thats not usual. People will have to update the software. But if a service isn’t running all day due to a driver shortage they would update the software some time in the morning to reflect the changes for the rest of the day.

Stan Drews

Established Member
Thats not usual. People will have to update the software. But if a service isn’t running all day due to a driver shortage they would update the software some time in the morning to reflect the changes for the rest of the day.
Indeed they would, although in reality that scenario would be quite unusual, as at most operators drivers duties don’t involve driving the same bus all day. It’s more likely they’d be on one bus for 4-5 hours, then another (often on a different route) for a further 4-5 hours. Some duties can have three separate driving portions.