• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Ken H

On Moderation
Four B10s* just leaving 2 Lancashire United branded vehicles in service.

Others including myself have come to the same conclusion about the 1s current B7s. Four of them are only 07 plates (originally) so they and one of the 04s would work nicely on ValleyLine.

Just the one B7TL left out and about on school services from Burnley. All the zaps have been stripped and I’m sure many of the RedEx ones will have been too.

Perhaps with a rebuild of the Shuttle fleet (ie engine out, fully cleaned with new gaskets etc) should see off some of the issues they’re having and gain those last 4-5 years they were hoping for.

Seems like a rather… interesting choice. Would “the Pennine Bus Company” not have been a better fit? Even then Pennine wouldn’t have been my first choice
pennine would be orange and black
:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bwsbro

Looks like this got deleted while I was trying to post it but I managed to get a screenshot. But a Tweet from Alex Hornby referencing Team Pennine.

From: https://twitter.com/alextransdev/status/1401864515487207425i
I’m glad someone got a screenshot of the Tweet, by the time I’d got to Twitter it had been deleted. It they’re getting ready to announce soon, they must be wishing to relaunch the company before the summer holidays?

JetBlast

Attachments

• 05F48856-1694-46FF-B4A9-27814414D31B.jpeg
    05F48856-1694-46FF-B4A9-27814414D31B.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 38

RustySpoons

I understand that Yorkshire Tiger doesn't have the best reputation, so that's probably the reason behind scrapping the brand and starting anew. Not so sure on the name, 'Team Pennine' sounds like it could be anything other than a bus company. Then again I suppose the same could have been said of Yorkshire Tiger. I'm sure it'll just be referred to as Pennine in time anyway, and that worked out fine for a previous well respected operator based in Skipton.

Pink is a bold choice too, but it'll get noticed if nothing else.

markymark2000

On Moderation
I understand that Yorkshire Tiger doesn't have the best reputation, so that's probably the reason behind scrapping the brand and starting anew. Not so sure on the name, 'Team Pennine' sounds like it could be anything other than a bus company. Then again I suppose the same could have been said of Yorkshire Tiger. I'm sure it'll just be referred to as Pennine in time anyway, and that worked out fine for a previous well respected operator based in Skipton.

Pink is a bold choice too, but it'll get noticed if nothing else.
I think following other Transdev operations, it would have been much better to call it 'The Pennine Bus Company' and then refer to employees as 'Team Pennine'.

The word 'team' doesn't refer to a public transport operation but more the group of people employed by it and so 'Team Pennine' makes no sense really for the name of a bus operator.

peterblue

I agree it's an unusual name for a bus operator. I imagine they've decided to start a new and go with a completely fresh colour scheme and brand to avoid some if the criticism associated with Tiger

David Verity

I agree it's an unusual name for a bus operator. I imagine they've decided to start a new and go with a completely fresh colour scheme and brand to avoid some if the criticism associated with Tiger
I could relate "Pennine" to Elland depot but no so much to Waterloo. Last month they brought us a reincarnation of Ribble, next Pennine, then what?

skifans

More stuff is now up and live:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeamPennine
Holding webpage: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/_/teampennine
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamPennine

Also saw this tweet from Yorkshire Tiger - https://twitter.com/tigerbuses/status/1401958754296504320
Information Update - Service 231/232 As announced last month Arriva will taking over the 231/232 from the end of July. We have some exciting news about this service that we will announced in the coming weeks.
Wonder if that means end of July will be the end of Yorkshire Tiger. The webpage references a "transformation of the business over the first 18 months" but also that "You’ll notice some changes on Day One".

Who's that new company that runs your bus to town Dorris love? 'Team Pennine'. Who?

It doesn't sound at all like a bus company, but we will have to wait and see what sort of brands (if any) appear from this.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Perhaps they should really exploit the Pennine name and introduce some some elderly Seddons to run the routes :)

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Whats the problem with bringing back older brands?

Didn’t say there is a problem. Just shows a lack of imagination when Mr Hornby would have us believe that he’s revolutionising bus travel.
I think it would be lacking in imagination if an older brand wasn't considered, especially if it was one which was swept away by the post-privatisation broom of corporate identity, and one which may still be fondly remembered. I have absolutely zero local knowledge about these services, but I am prone to the odd bout of nostalgia and if someone can tap into a company's heritage, no matter how original the connections may be, so be it.

Andyh82

Established Member
And bear in mind in this case “Pennine” was used in a completely different location, very few Yorkshire Tiger passengers will even know a bus company called Pennine even existed

And “Ribble Country” deliberately celebrated the history of that name, there is a little feature in the timetable booklet

Andyh82

Established Member
I wonder if there was some clause in the sale that the “Rosso” name had to be kept, as it’s slightly odd it’s been kept even with the same logo (although of course many of the key services now have their own brand) when everything else including now Yorkshire Tiger has been renamed or rebranded over the years.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I do miss the Lancashire United brand to be fair. A strong icon for the red rose county. And it was massive in its heyday. Shame it hit such troubling times…
Depends on which one you mean.... The latter-day Blazefield one or the much more extensive entity that was absorbed into Greater Manchester Transport? ;)

In all fairness, Alex Hornby IS, whatever else you may think of him, a man who is a bus fanatic at heart. There are often nods at the history of the operations whilst combining it with a modern approach to delivering services. It might be a reference to the old Pennine but only enthusiasts will get that.

The Yorkshire Tiger brand seems rather faded and down at heel nowadays so a rebrand is probably needed. What else do you do... Something amorphous (e.g. like Arriva) that means nothing, something regional but needs to be encompassing enough to cover Huddersfield and Halifax and other spots (and Pennine seems a reasonable bet), or something taking a lead from nature or an object (like Tiger). I can see why Team Pennine is a good catch-all name for services that cover a number of the towns in the area.

Dusty_Bin

The Tiger name isnt available to use, that is being kept and will disappear from the fleet very rapidly. Drivers to hand back uniform before transfer to ensure items aren’t worn with transdev or sold on eBay.

markymark2000

On Moderation
I can't speak for others but I just want to clarify my stance on the situation. I have no issue with them using the word Pennine or trying to push the location of the operation, my sole issue comes from the use of the word 'team'. Team Pennine is what you call your employees but you do not call a bus operation a 'team'. There has to be something better that they could come up with.

I know a lot of companies don't sound like a bus company and that is fine, I don't mind that. For me it is specifically the use of the word 'team'.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I can't speak for others but I just want to clarify my stance on the situation. I have no issue with them using the word Pennine or trying to push the location of the operation, my sole issue comes from the use of the word 'team'. Team Pennine is what you call your employees but you do not call a bus operation a 'team'. There has to be something better that they could come up with.

I know a lot of companies don't sound like a bus company and that is fine, I don't mind that. For me it is specifically the use of the word 'team'.

Yeah, when I first read it I thought the company was just called "Pennine" (which is a decent enough traditional style name) and "Team Pennine" was what they'd call the staff collectively, e.g. "meet Team Pennine, we drive your buses for you" with some pics and bios etc, as is Hornby's style.

No doubt it's a Stenning job, but as happens occasionally (the frankly rubbish VTEC livery, for example) he does get it wrong from time to time, and I think he has with this one.