• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales 769's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Supposed to be five tomorrow and six on Monday. I went on 769002 yesterday. The cooler groups were working very hard. I sat in the leading coach. The engine is a bit quieter than a 150 and there is much less vibration.

Good show, fingers crossed. 6 is the number required to cover the full range of Rhymney/Bargoed/Penarth diagrams.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Good news in terms of coping with the last remaining Pacers going, I would have thought.

It never occurred to me that it wouldn't have run safely.

I was just thinking that needing someone to conduct a route happens because the driver is taking to train somewhere they don't normally, and therefore they are not that likely to be in a bubble with someone who does have the route knowledge - it's different to having a trainee driver who is taking instruction from a particular trainer on a regular basis.
A Bubble can be formed very easily now. There have been plenty of cases of bubbles only being formed for a day or two. I suspect the Newport trips were worked by a DI from the Valleys and DI from Cardiff Mainline, who would already be used to the process and have the required testing kits to hand.

Dallen

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but is 37418 still based at Rhymney for standby purposes?

sd0733

Established Member
Thanks, did see that but wondered if there was something more definite as possibly what they were on.
If its the planned 5 diagrams it will be all 3 Bargoed to Penarth and 2 of 3 Rhymney to Penarth diagrams. Once its 6 will be all 3 on both.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Thanks, did see that but wondered if there was something more definite as possibly what they were on.

For more specific info we would have had to wait until early hours this morning. It was 5 in the end, the other diagram being a 143+150 combo

Too good to be true but 1402 Rhymney to Penarth cancelled due failure at Rhymney. Number not known

Last edited:

Bob Price

Has there been a day in service where there hasn't been a breakdown? It's getting embarrassing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.