• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

ArchangelA

When you say applied you do mean you’ve passed all the tests, interviews etc. yeah?

If you have only been in the pool since last year then that’s not long at all. You should try being in there nearly 3 years because of the franchise changing hands and only qualified drivers being recruited because of that. It was sooooo frustrating but was certainly worth the wait. I do laugh a bit when some people in here say they’ve been in the pool a while though because they don’t know what a while is compared to what a load of us on previous recruitment drives had to endure.
Well that told me didn't it!!!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

6opher

Well that told me didn't it!!!!!!

What do you mean?

I asked if you have passed everything or just applied as you weren’t very clear. If you just applied then you aren’t in the talent pool. If you’ve passed all the tests etc. then you are in the pool.

As for the rest of my comments about waiting in the pool, I’m just saying the wait times some people mention are nothing compared to others. If you read it a certain way then I can’t do anything about that but I can assure you I wasn’t being nasty about it. Just saying wait times to get on a course could be anything within the expiry times. Trust in the process and it will be worth the wait though. That wait can be more frustrating for some than others but it is what it is. Great job when you are in though. All the best.

I've been in the talent pool for Shrewsbury since November. They seem to be setting courses up pretty quickly so hopefully the wait won't be to long. Just looking forward to getting started.

JustJim93

That's good news at least your onto the next step hopefully you will get the assessment booked soon did they send you any preparation for the assessment? Best of luck
Yeah, but still haven't heard anything, I know things are slower now due to covid. They haven't sent me any prep work so far, I believe they send you prep work when you get booked onto an assessment? That is my understanding anyway, I hope I'm right haha

craigybagel

Established Member
One bit of positive news for you all - in cab training will be resuming on Monday so that will hopefully ease the backlog a bit.

Welsh lady

One bit of positive news for you all - in cab training will be resuming on Monday so that will hopefully ease the backlog a bit.
That's awesome news!! Hopefully they'll be able to get a few more groups planned in to start now! Thanks for the update!

Cho cho 25

Yeah all in cab training starting Monday. Every group still got a good few months before we reach the required driving hours before we can think of passing out. With the reduced time table its going to take even longer

Cardiff_90

I have done the Sterling background check. I was told my ID verification was complete after a day or two and I haven't heard anything else off them since.

Cardiff_90

It's a background check before employment starts. They verify your ID, references for the last 3 years and a criminal background check.

Cardiff_90

Yes this was after the medical.

Tfw told me that Sterling would be doing the references etc and then Sterling contacted me.

15th February! so just wondering as it’s next week is confirmation of background check completion something that previous starters in here have received or is it just a case of you never hear anything back?

Platform9

15th February! so just wondering as it’s next week is confirmation of background check completion something that previous starters in here have received or is it just a case of you never hear anything back?
Sterling only got in touch with me when there was missing information. In my case it was my now previous employers being late to confirm my start date with them ( I provided original documents instead that I had lying round)

I then asked sterling if everything was OK after doing that, they said they can only confirm if there's any missing information.

I assume that TfW would be in touch if they weren't happy with anything, so no news is good news so to speak.

Hope that helps

Sterling only got in touch with me when there was missing information. In my case it was my now previous employers being late to confirm my start date with them ( I provided original documents instead that I had lying round)

I then asked sterling if everything was OK after doing that, they said they can only confirm if there's any missing information.

I assume that TfW would be in touch if they weren't happy with anything, so no news is good news so to speak.

Hope that helps
Aw that’s great thanks! When did you start? And how is it going? Also how long is the wait for uniform?

Slipper

When did you go into the talent pool please? Trying to gauge how far away I may be from getting a call. Cheers

Cardiff_90

Oh so Sterling themselves told you everything came back okay ? I did mine a month & haven’t heard any correspondence from them
The only thing I have heard back is my ID validation check was OK.

Good to know thanks. When did you do your medical? Have you had a start date yet?
I did my medical in January and I am starting on the 15th. I can't wait!