• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tanx30

By fall off I think he means they move upwards while your pushing them in direction, and can come off the shaft, I did notice they slide upwards when I was using them and could possibly come off.
Yes they slide off, so as I was pushing left the handle just slid off which meant the ball went hay wire completely off the track! Xxx

GregariousUK

Yes they slide off, so as I was pushing left the handle just slid off which meant the ball went hay wire completely off the track! Xxx
I'm gutted for you :( I have had to re-arrange my computer tests so hopefully will be arranged for the new couple of weeks! x

Tanx30

I'm gutted for you :( I have had to re-arrange my computer tests so hopefully will be arranged for the new couple of weeks! x
I’m gutted too but it is what it is, not much else I can do, I’m proud I managed to get so far and hopefully il smash it next time around! I was wondering where you was after you said you were in on the same day! Good luck and fingers crossed your not waiting too long for a new date xxx

So, I’ve emailed Laura with regards to my handle coming off and after seeing someone’s comment about a message popping up to say speak to administrator, I had the same message come up but assumed it was just the test ending and she said to only call her if a red banner appeared on the screen! So I’m now wondering if there was an error there and I haven’t noticed! If it’s still a fail it’s still a fail, I’m not going to question it, but would be good for some clarification if they can give me any! Good luck to all those sitting their stage 2 tests coming up! Xxx

Last edited:
I had the "contact test administrator" pop up on my screen and told the lady straight away who sorted it for me, my one was still in the practice stage at this point but I believe all 4 of us had the same issue on the day.

Hopefully you'll get a good outcome, no harm in questioning it.

Tanx30

I had the "contact test administrator" pop up on my screen and told the lady straight away who sorted it for me, my one was still in the practice stage at this point but I believe all 4 of us had the same issue on the day.

Hopefully you'll get a good outcome, no harm in questioning it.
Well when it came up, I was sat there thinking well that went quick I’m sure I didn’t do the full 10 laps, but because there wasn’t a red banner like she stated I just assumed it had finished and I didn’t want to speak up straight away about the handle or the message as I didn’t want disrupt/ distract the other person doing their tests! Maybe I should have and this could have been avoided, but I know for next time now, thank you xx

No worries and we didn't get told anything about a red banner during our tests which is why I spoke up straight away.

My computer tests were in September last year so they may have updated the briefing material but either way I hope it works out for you.

Tanx30

No worries and we didn't get told anything about a red banner during our tests which is why I spoke up straight away.

My computer tests were in September last year so they may have updated the briefing material but either way I hope it works out for you.
Thank you, fingers crossed il hear something back, just don’t want them thinking I’m trying to make up an excuse for failing lol xxx

Carrollg76

Well done to everyone progressing with their application. Applied last September and received my last acorn update in March saying they were still sifting. Really appreciate it if someone can message me with Laura’s email so I can chase up my application. Thanks in advance and good luck everyone.

BrokenSam

Well done to everyone progressing with their application. Applied last September and received my last acorn update in March saying they were still sifting. Really appreciate it if someone can message me with Laura’s email so I can chase up my application. Thanks in advance and good luck everyone.
Mine was from July and heard out the blue two weeks ago. Some internals applied same time and haven't heard and others for the same depot have. It sounds really condescending I know but genuinely, just be patient. It'll come.

Carrollg76

Mine was from July and heard out the blue two weeks ago. Some internals applied same time and haven't heard and others for the same depot have. It sounds really condescending I know but genuinely, just be patient. It'll come.
Thanks mate, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck with your application

Plodster

Evening all. For the dot test, is it completed on paper and are you able to mark the paper?
It’s on an A3 sized booklet The 5 sheets are spread over one large page
You use a biro and strike out the four dot symbols and change to the next sheet when told - every 2 minutes

if you can - download the group Bourdon tool from the forum you can print tests off from that

Dups456

It’s on an A3 sized booklet The 5 sheets are spread over one large page
You use a biro and strike out the four dot symbols and change to the next sheet when told - every 2 minutes

if you can - download the group Bourdon tool from the forum you can print tests off from that
Brilliant. Thanks. I had to confirm my NI number yesterday. Hopefully there won’t be too much of a wait before my first assessment day.

mark01348

Brilliant. Thanks. I had to confirm my NI number yesterday. Hopefully there won’t be too much of a wait before my first assessment day.
Let me know if you hear anything please about assessment date. I had the NI request about 3 weeks ago and date due shortly but not heard anything since.

Dups456

Let me know if you hear anything please about assessment date. I had the NI request about 3 weeks ago and date due shortly but not heard anything since.
Will do. Going on previous posts in this thread it could be a week or a few months!

wobman

On Moderation
It's a case of being very patient, there's a huge backlog of training due to covid. Training centres are still using bubbles as are trainees with DIs, so everything takes a lot longer that pre covid.

TFW are juggling lots of training issues with so much new staff and new trains

MOB91

Afternoon all,

To those who sat the computer tests on Wednesday. Was the MMI Interview on the same day?

Many thanks.

mark01348

It's a case of being very patient, there's a huge backlog of training due to covid. Training centres are still using bubbles as are trainees with DIs, so everything takes a lot longer that pre covid.

TFW are juggling lots of training issues with so much new staff and new trains
Thanks for reply. Understandable and thanks for the insight. I just need to kerb the excitement I think haha.

Plodster

Hi all I’m using the traineetraindriver software preparing for the stage 2 tests
Can anyone advise how the memory test(photos) on this package compares to the real thing?
Ta

Tracey87Blue

In the actual test the photos show for just under 1 second, and in total there are 20 photos. The software is very good, it definitely helps.

craigwales

Just had a date for Cardiff for next week. Anybody know if you can get a travel pass from them or if you just cover your own travel expenses?

Jonno271

So I got my NI number request mail at the end of last week :) Nice to know that my application at least was good enough to progress to the next stage.

Patiently waiting to hear for a 1st assessment (paper tests) date now, hoping that as Covid rules are (potentially) eased, things will move on a little quicker.

Anyone else had similar?