• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tracey87Blue

Hope you get the positive news soon.
How did you find it?
It was nice and relaxed. The lady was lovely. 1-1. Took just under an hour. I came away feeling positive but as the days have passed I have been thinking ‘I forgot to say that’. Fingers crossed I said enough though :s

Lankywhale

I applied in July 2020. Previously completed stage 1&2 for a different TOC. Had the NI email june this year. I'm fairly confident this whole recruitment process is done and processed by the date you applied. People are currently doing their assessments for TFW and I'm wondering if those people sent their application around the July time last year too?

If so this would make sense. Anybody else is the same boat as me?

Having been through the process before and having lined up dmi's for other TOC's since 2019, I can confirm from experience every TOC has a drawn out process. Be patient. Until you get the no thanks email, you're still being considered so dont fret :)

And practise, practise, practise!

I applied in July 2020. Previously completed stage 1&2 for a different TOC. Had the NI email june this year. I'm fairly confident this whole recruitment process is done and processed by the date you applied. People are currently doing their assessments for TFW and I'm wondering if those people sent their application around the July time last year too?

If so this would make sense. Anybody else is the same boat as me?

Having been through the process before and having lined up dmi's for other TOC's since 2019, I can confirm from experience every TOC has a drawn out process. Be patient. Until you get the no thanks email, you're still being considered so dont fret :)

And practise, practise, practise!
(For cardiff)

Tracey87Blue

I think varies. When I was offered assessment day in Cardiff I've had paper and computer tests and MMI all in one day. However, I live in North Wales so prefered to do it all in one day. Was told I passed next week and week later I did DMI via Teams
Do you mind me asking...what question did they ask you in the DMI?

mic1610

Do you mind me asking...what question did they ask you in the DMI?
It lasted about 1.5h so don't remember them all but they were asking about TFW, what do I know about the course, challanges of the job and how I'd overcome them, work history, what I currently do and last question why should I get the position

Plodster

It was nice and relaxed. The lady was lovely. 1-1. Took just under an hour. I came away feeling positive but as the days have passed I have been thinking ‘I forgot to say that’. Fingers crossed I said enough though :s
Hope you get the results this week
We were told we will hear next week

I’ve already started the ‘oh why didn’t I say……’ game:lol:

Plodster

I found out on Tuesday that I had passed the MMI :D So so happy. Waitingfor the DMI now. Hopefully it wont be too long. Xx
Great news
Well done
They told the three of us we would hear next week

I heard someone was told they had failed immediately after the interview

Tracey87Blue

Great news
Well done
They told the three of us we would hear next week

I heard someone was told they had failed immediately after the interview
Thank you.

I was told after the MMI I would find out in a weeks time, maybe sooner, and thankfully it was the latter. I was starting to lose my mind.

Hopefully you will get the news your hoping for soon. X

Jh199995

It's a great course but alot to process and remember hence why it's a 9 month course. Hardest part is getting the driving hours to be honest, DIs take leave or you are spare. Need a set amount of hours and its difficult to reach them.

But the course is great, everyone is helpful
Hi mate,

What are the hours when training?
Is a lot of it done from home these days or is it in class?

thanks

wobman

On Moderation
Hi mate,

What are the hours when training?
Is a lot of it done from home these days or is it in class?

thanks
In the classroom it's mostly office hours once with the DIs it's shift work, you have to be flexible which is the most important part

Plodster

Passed Stage 2 and MMI somehow

DMI to come in the next few weeks

Good luck everyone

Last edited: