• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

RedRobin

Hi mate,

What are the hours when training?
Is a lot of it done from home these days or is it in class?

thanks
First 12 weeks is classroom or via teams usually 9-3pm

Then your on shifts with your DI, which can start anytime of the day you will follow their pattern.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Slipper

Out of interest, what's the procedure after you have had a medical? Do you get told straightaway if you have passed? If you have passed are there further steps? How long after you passed is a job offer made?

Thanks

P.s no I have not had a medical yet

Just been asked for my N.I. number from TFW. I have already passed the psychometrics to enhanced standard with another TOC recently so hoping that will be sufficient for TFW. If so straight onto the DMI.

MH211

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the DMI? I have searched the forum for a general idea but advice specific to TfW would be much appreciated :) thanks in advance!

mic1610

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the DMI? I have searched the forum for a general idea but advice specific to TfW would be much appreciated :) thanks in advance!
Been mentioned couple of times here. Just flick through pages