• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

mic1610

Hi everyone,

Was hoping for some help and advise, I have an interview on Thursday for a conductors job. Does anyone know what type of questions they're ask in these interviews and what's the next stage after this one? Any help would be seriously appreciated. Thanks!
There's seperate thread for conductors

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steam Power

Are there any seasoned train drivers out there who could point me in the right direction of some reading that would help me with the learning material provided once you start your training? I've got some spare time on my hands at present and been in the talent pool for over a year so thought I'd be a bit proactive in the hope I get a place soon on a training course
Where are you in the talent pool for?

Llanelliturk

I applied for Carmarthen and Cardiff a year last July and have heard nothing for months so I rang Acorn and my application is Still Under Review.
When did you apply and when were your tests/interviews etc?
Applied Jan 2019 directly to TFW, I didn't hear anything for one year, then did the tests/interviews from Jan 2020 through to Aug 2020 which were staggered due to covid.....2.5 years since inital application and I'm in the talent pool and waiting patiently it is indeed a long process lol

Steam Power

Applied Jan 2019 directly to TFW, I didn't hear anything for one year, then did the tests/interviews from Jan 2020 through to Aug 2020 which were staggered due to covid.....2.5 years since inital application and I'm in the talent pool and waiting patiently it is indeed a long process lol
Cool. I’m wondering whether I’ll hear anything, beginning to think I’m not going to be selected for tests.

Cool. I’m wondering whether I’ll hear anything, beginning to think I’m not going to be selected for tests.
I’m from Swansea

Sparky9909

Hi guys

i had my computer test whoch i passed followed by my mmi how long did you have to wait for the results as they give no indication of a pass of fail once finished but told upto 1 week

Sparky9909

Ok but the usual oh I could have said this and why didn’t I say that etc
You just don’t know do you:s
Yeah thats the type of feeling i had and not sure i said enoigh of what they needed to hear

Hopefully find out sooner rather than later

I was also informed that you only get 2 attemts ever and cant apply again

Plodster

Yeah thats the type of feeling i had and not sure i said enoigh of what they needed to hear

Yeah that’s the rules for psychometric tests

2 attempts only

craigybagel

Established Member

Yeah that’s the rules for psychometric tests

2 attempts only
You can attempt it as many times as you like - so long as you don't fail. If you fail it twice, then yes it's sadly game over.