• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JRogers92

Yay!! I got a NI email today after no updates since March. I was wondering if I got lost. Well done to everyone progressing ☺️

Lankywhale

I've just had an email from Laura inviting me for an assessment day however I completed stage 1 & 2 in 2019 and 2020 respectively.

Anyone know why I would be invited to do it again? Is TFW standard or enhanced?

Lankywhale

I was under the impression they last for up to 5 years. I have a feeling I didnt do an assessment with GWR previously that TFW require. She said "Please note you will only be required to attend one session". I'm assuming session means assessment? I sat the following with GWR:

Stage 1
- Group Bourdon (GBD)
- The Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ)
- Trainability for Rules & procedures Parts 1 and 2 (TRP)
- Written Communications Test (WCT)

Stage 2
- The WAFV Vigilance Test
- The ATAVT Perception Test
- The Situational Judgement Exercise (SJE)

What's missing? Do TFW do the dials test? Unfortunately Laura hasnt included any practice material for me in the email :(

Anybody able to confirm?

Thanks

NorthernTech

I was under the impression they last for up to 5 years. I have a feeling I didnt do an assessment with GWR previously that TFW require. She said "Please note you will only be required to attend one session". I'm assuming session means assessment? I sat the following with GWR:

Stage 1
- Group Bourdon (GBD)

Stage 2

What's missing? Do TFW do the dials test? Unfortunately Laura hasnt included any practice material for me in the email :(

Anybody able to confirm?

Thanks
Have you not done an MMI Or the 2 hand coordination test (joysticks)?

Plodster

Stage 1
- Group Bourdon (GBD)

Stage 2

Anybody able to confirm?

Thanks
Yes TFW do the dials test mate

Lankywhale

I have sat stage 1 and 2 with GWR. The computer tests and mmi are the same. So just dials then! Dont suppose anyone has the dials practice email they could send to me by any chance?

Lankywhale

Just going over it now and the dials test is part of TRP 1&2... So I have done it already. Just at a loss as to which assessment I'm supposed to be sitting. Guess I'll find out when I turn up :|

Plodster

This is all you get from the OPC practice booklet for the dials test

Just going over it now and the dials test is part of TRP 1&2... So I have done it already. Just at a loss as to which assessment I'm supposed to be sitting. Guess I'll find out when I turn up :|
Would be worth speaking with Laura to confirm so you know what is required?

Attachments

• F784E062-3A6D-4B3D-A3F9-0CE5E701476A.png
    F784E062-3A6D-4B3D-A3F9-0CE5E701476A.png
    387.3 KB · Views: 66
  • F3E7CF69-5CB7-4A9C-BFC4-579A734179C8.png
    F3E7CF69-5CB7-4A9C-BFC4-579A734179C8.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 084E18ED-33A4-4982-954B-01D6F67A92D2.png
    084E18ED-33A4-4982-954B-01D6F67A92D2.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 49
  • E011EC34-B059-4213-B25B-935D61D9DCF6.png
    E011EC34-B059-4213-B25B-935D61D9DCF6.png
    332.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Lankywhale

This is all you get from the OPC practice booklet for the dials test

Would be worth speaking with Laura to confirm so you know what is required?
Thanks mate. Yeah already sent an email. Which assessments do tfw do for stage 1?

Lankywhale

Can anybody tell me what the stage 1 assessments are? I can only find the stage 2 assessments talked about in this thread.

Thanks

Burt807

If memory serves:

Group Bourdon, report writing, Rules and procedures - read / make notes about a subject and answer questions (basically about knowledge retention) dials, lift tones and list checking - done separately then together. Last thing, you give your answers for the Stage 2 MMI questions.

Hope that helps.

Lankywhale

If memory serves:

Group Bourdon, report writing, Rules and procedures - read / make notes about a subject and answer questions (basically about knowledge retention) dials, lift tones and list checking - done separately then together. Last thing, you give your answers for the Stage 2 MMI questions.

Hope that helps.
That's great thank you very much!!!!

Lankywhale

What toc are you applying for ive got the material TFW sent for stage 1 & 2 if its of any use to you
Hey thanks very much for the offer of help. I ended up speaking to laura on the phone and turns out they do infact only accept assessments up to 2 years... my stage 2 expires 2 days after I sit stage one next week in cardiff!

Laura sent me everything I need! Now I have a week to prepare :|

Sparky9909

Hey thanks very much for the offer of help. I ended up speaking to laura on the phone and turns out they do infact only accept assessments up to 2 years... my stage 2 expires 2 days after I sit stage one next week in cardiff!

Laura sent me everything I need! Now I have a week to prepare

No probs

Good luck