• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel this Christmas: Farnborough to Welling

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_stoat

Hi All

I wonder if you guys could help a friend of mine who is looking to travel this Christmas, specifically on South Western and Southeastern on the 27th December.

The Southeastern website does not yet have planned engineering works for that date (that I can see) does that mean there isn't any? however, one of the websites also say that advances are not being released until six weeks in advance, does this mean we won't know until six weeks out if there will be any closures or amended timetables? Are they just looking too far in advance?

The journey is Farnborough (Main) to the Welling/Bexley area

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Hi All

I wonder if you guys could help a friend of mine who is looking to travel this Christmas, specifically on South Western and Southeastern on the 27th December.

The Southeastern website does not yet have planned engineering works for that date (that I can see) does that mean there isn't any? however, one of the websites also say that advances are not being released until six weeks in advance, does this mean we won't know until six weeks out if there will be any closures or amended timetables? Are they just looking too far in advance?

The journey is Farnborough (Main) to the Welling/Bexley area

Many thanks!

There is advance info on Engineering works on the national rail website. The Southeastern Page is being updated.

However I am reasonably confident that your friends journey will be possible by rail. 27th will generally be a Saturday service.

Confirmed timetables for Christmas week won’t be out until November, simply because of COVID and all the emergency timetables, which means the timetable changes for engineering work have had to be replanned.

miss_stoat

Thank you...I have passed this onto my friend and sent her a link to the NRE engineering works webpage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.