• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel to East Meon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I could either get public transport:

ECR - Clapham 0634 - 0644
Clapham - Petersfield 0652 - 0813
Petersfield Stop E - All Saints Church Bus 67 0835 - 0845

or get a taxi from Petersfield:

ECR - Clapham 0726 - 0735
Clapham - Petersfield 0752 - 0913

I remember the 0752 from Clapham always had problems with schoolkids further down the line towards Portsmouth, not sure what it's like now?

Anyone know what the 67 bus will be like as I'm not sure if a lot of school / college kids will be on at that time?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I could either get public transport:

ECR - Clapham 0634 - 0644
Clapham - Petersfield 0652 - 0813
Petersfield Stop E - All Saints Church Bus 67 0835 - 0845

Anyone know what the 67 bus will be like as I'm not sure if a lot of school / college kids will be on at that time?

No inside info, but a bus heading away from the centre of Petersfield is pretty unlikely to be full (Googlemaps thinks not!) and I can only see village primary schools on the route.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
In that situation, I think I'd wait for the bus to turn up and if it's really busy then get a taxi going on. I suspect you will have no issues though, and if in doubt about the bus maybe ask the driver about any concerns on loadings?

Veteran Member
In that situation, I think I'd wait for the bus to turn up and if it's really busy then get a taxi going on.
Excellent idea, though taxis tend to be busy with school run stuff so you may have a bit of a wait - but you have time in hand AIUI.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Excellent idea, though taxis tend to be busy with school run stuff so you may have a bit of a wait - but you have time in hand AIUI.

That's true. In which case, I might suggest making a call and at least getting a quote for the fare and checking if availability will be an issue. Better to know in advance!

If there is a wait involved, then knowing where to get a cuppa from would be useful too!

Status
Not open for further replies.