• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trespass incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GSMR is a good point.
Thanks to mobile phones and the increase in social media there’s also a lot of reports from the general public, from non driving staff, or just spotted on social media by the TOC team etc, which wouldn’t have been the case a few years ago and means trespassing now gets reported even if not seen by a driver.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deepgreen

Established Member
A minor point but does trespass on the railway include air space? I ask because I have seen more people sitting on platform edges with legs dangling over the track in the last few years, and wondered what the specific offence would be. This one was left in no doubt as to his stupidity, on a foggy morning and with loud earphones in!
45120441961_7539c714e5_k.jpg

zwk500

Veteran Member
A minor point but does trespass on the railway include air space? I ask because I have seen more people sitting on platform edges with legs dangling over the track in the last few years, and wondered what the specific offence would be. This one was left in no doubt as to his stupidity, on a foggy morning and with loud earphones in!
I think trespass would be pushing it here, as the person is still on the platform which is a permitted area. Much more likely to be endangering the railway (or whatever the specific phrase is).

Neo9320

Although airspace is restricted funnily enough, but that’s drones & craft rather than people

Status
Not open for further replies.