• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia; best hotels for rail views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I am surprised no one has mentioned the Sidings near York. Quite close to the railway line ;) We have stayed there and it was very nice, apart form the coal train at 3 am.....................

Stayed there 20 years ago when there were still loads of freight including coal trains. Not as many passenger trains, mind you: the passenger frequency at least pre-COVID is pretty impressive on that stretch of line nowadays.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ajrm

The Hub by Premier Inn at King's Cross has a terrific view of the station throat from some rooms, as I discovered last year:

JWK

Lake-facing rooms at the Hotel Seehof in Zell am See have trains passing just beneath their balconies, as well as very nice lake views. Frequent push-pull local services, a couple of loco-hauled Intercities, freight, plus some very occasional Railjets and ICEs. And if you’re prepared to stay up till some ungodly hour and if it ever runs again, the weekly Moscow-Nice sleeper.
8A3F28BC-21BE-45A2-A611-E94B1FC91F2E.jpeg42CCB648-BBB6-474A-AA90-20F36222A261.jpeg

Cambus731

I'm told the station Guest House in Lancaster has a good view of the trains

raetiamann

Lake-facing rooms at the Hotel Seehof in Zell am See have trains passing just beneath their balconies, as well as very nice lake views. Frequent push-pull local services, a couple of loco-hauled Intercities, freight, plus some very occasional Railjets and ICEs. And if you’re prepared to stay up till some ungodly hour and if it ever runs again, the weekly Moscow-Nice sleeper.
View attachment 83001View attachment 83000
Didn't stay there, but I can believe all you say about the views.

morrisobrien

Have stayed in nearly all of them, and as previously stated about 90% of the hotels in Germany belonging to the InterCity chain have excellent views.Especially if you ask reception for a "room with a view"if they have one available of course.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Premier inn at Wembley Park has good views of the met/jubilee as well as the Chiltern mainline out towards Amersham.

Can echo the sentiments about the Harrow (Kenton) premier inn, good/bad night guaranteed (depending on how you intend to use it, of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.