• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Free bus routes in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD2168

But, as per your attachment, £1 if you don't have a train, tram or bus ticket to Sheffield already (or ENTCS or local under-21 pass).
Compared to the old Freebee the new connect is not proving very popular so far, most I have seen on is two.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MaidaVale

On a technical standpoint, couldn't every bus after your "contactless cap" on operators that support it be counted as free, as you are only actually paying for the first two or three journeys as seperate singles and then not charged for any subsequent journey?

Surely the London hopper fare could be counted even more so, as you aren't even capping out to a point that could be somewhat counted as a day ticket, you're just straight up getting a journey on the house after paying for the first one, a bit like a buy-one-get-one-free deal in a shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revilo

The St Erth shuttle bus from one side of the station to the other is free. It exists to provide step-free interchange. The bus is in full GWR livery and even has a yellow front end! However when the stepped ‘listed’ bridge is replaced next year, presumably the bus will no longer be necessary.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Compared to the old Freebee the new connect is not proving very popular so far, most I have seen on is two.

It doesn't seem to be very well publicised. I travelled to Sheffield by train the weekend before last, we dragged suitcases up the hill and at the top were passed by a connect bus - I'd forgotten it ran on a Sunday and saw no publicity anywhere about it in Sheffield.

Status
Not open for further replies.