• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Music Videos That Are Set In The Railway Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan1990

On Moderation
I'm a big fan of dance music and it's just come to mind that there's a music video filmed in what I think is London Kings Cross station. It's called Take Me Away by the dance group Culture Beat if you try searching for it through YouTube. It shows footage speeded up of the 125s in their original Inter City livery. The song was a hit in Germany but only peaked at 52 in the UK charts in 1996. Just posting this to see if anyone remembers it been made and if there are any other music videos set in the rail industry.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
Small town boy , Bronski beat , not sure where its filmed but looks like 317s

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The Everlasting by The Manic Street Preachers. Beautiful shots of IC liveried 125's and 87's. Beautiful song as well.

EM2

Established Member
The The's 'Slow Train To Dawn' was filmed on the Bluebell, I think.
And The Pet Shop Boys 'King's Cross' filmed mostly in the station of the same name. The video for 'Rent' uses some of the same footage.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
West End Girls by The Pet Shop Boys also has lots of lovely shots of Waterloo in the 80's. Including a VEP.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The video for the song "Yashar" by the Sheffield group Cabaret Voltaire was filmed in the abandoned (but still standing at the time- 1982/83) Sheffield Victoria station. A class 20-hauled freight train briefly features.

Last edited:

Howardh

Established Member
Lasgo; Something. Prague... (Am I allowed to link to the videos??)

Oh, and this one;

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
There was also the video for "Taxloss" by the 1990s Britpop/indie band Mansun. I don't think any trains feature but the video involved throwing bundles of banknotes from the balcony at London Liverpool Street station and filming the resulting pandemonium. IIRC either the band or their management got into some degree of trouble over it. The final video ended up being a sort-of "behind the scenes" thing.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I must admit that when I looked through all the related threads I was quite surprised at how many there were.
There can’t be too many music videos that haven’t been mentioned in one thread or another!

dgl

Established Member
Scooter - Break It Up, this was set at a heritage railway in Germany but I can't remember where.

Horny Harry Jr

There was also the video for "Taxloss" by the 1990s Britpop/indie band Mansun. I don't think any trains feature but the video involved throwing bundles of banknotes from the balcony at London Liverpool Street station and filming the resulting pandemonium. IIRC either the band or their management got into some degree of trouble over it. The final video ended up being a sort-of "behind the scenes" thing.

"I can only disappoint you" loved Mansun

175mph

On Moderation
It's in Spain but Darius Campbell's 'Incredible (That's What I Meant To Say)':

farleigh

Look up 'Get out of London' by Intaferon . Anyone identify the station?

Last edited:

tigerroar

On Moderation
Small town boy , Bronski beat , not sure where its filmed but looks like 317s
great song and a video that actually relates to the song but it confuses it seems to be about him being gay in a small town and having to move to a big town but my pedantic view on the railway footage seems to show him moving away from Paddington.

route101

Established Member
great song and a video that actually relates to the song but it confuses it seems to be about him being gay in a small town and having to move to a big town but my pedantic view on the railway footage seems to show him moving away from Paddington.

I always thought it was the MML heading out of London for some reason.

tigerroar

On Moderation
Be that as it may it goes against the idea that a smalltown boy would have to go to a large town to realise who he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.