• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Nice International underground mainline stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Swiss airport stations

Monaco

A couple of the quieter London Underground stations (non COVID - it'll all be quiet right now!)

Stockholm Metro stations

I haven't been to the former USSR but some of the metro stations there look ornate. Pyongyang likewise.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thenorthern

Established Member
I was always told that underground stations in Communist countries are always fancy for some reason.

Examples include the famous Moscow Moscow Subway and the Pyongyang Subway.

Taunton

Established Member
Nobody seems to have mentioned New York Grand Central so far. The tracks themselves are pretty utilitarian, but the station building and its various facilities are a Grade 1-standard immaculate architectural masterpiece.

cle

Established Member
Lodz and Leipzig ones were great. Thanks for sharing.

I was thinking Monaco, which has that curved ceiling 'Paris Metro' / Baker Street shape to it, and such a curve - but yet, sees TGVs! Fun.

Not sure if it counts, but I do like some of the new ones on the Amsterdam Metro, the blue/52 stations through the centre. Plus, incredibly useful!

I like the grungy energy of the RERs and even the Barcelona equivalents, but not sure if they count as 'nice'.

Status
Not open for further replies.