• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Smallest Bus Operator in terms of mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Davey's Taxi operates one service a week consisting of a loop around the outskirts of Ruthin in north Wales and taking 21 minutes.

This must be the lowest mileage by any operator, surely?

76T - Ruthin - Ruthin via Graigfechan, Pentrecelyn​

A bus service operated by Davey’s Taxi

Map

Fridays
Show all stops

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Not sure of the exact mileage or timings off the top of my head, but this is possibly a contender, if a little longer than the above:
A. Lyles (trading as Longstaffs) service 205 from Dewsbury to Mirfield is the only non-school route they operate, and has been for well over a decade.

Edit, having now checked bustimes it appears that each journey is approximately 12 minutes.

Last edited:

pjnathanail

Davey's Taxi operates one service a week consisting of a loop around the outskirts of Ruthin in north Wales and taking 21 minutes.

What a fascinating question. Forgive me if I have missed the obvious, but Davey’s Taxi’s service appears to only have one trip. How does one make a return journey?

Perhaps the idea is that you use the bus for the outward journey, and then summon Davey and his taxi at your whim for a - albeit much more expensive I imagine - return journey?

Dai Corner

Established Member
What a fascinating question. Forgive me if I have missed the obvious, but Davey’s Taxi’s service appears to only have one trip. How does one make a return journey?

Perhaps the idea is that you use the bus for the outward journey, and then summon Davey and his taxi at your whim for a - albeit much more expensive I imagine - return journey?
Apparently you can wait at a stop in Ruthin at 1250 or 1400 and ask the driver of the Denbighshire Council bus to take you home.

MercedesCitaro

What an odd service! Why would a bus company want to run just one journey a week! Any idea what vehicle gets used on this journey? Also do they run any other private contracts or anything else for the rest of the week as i can not imagine this would be the only thing they run?

Status
Not open for further replies.