• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations where it is possible to get to another station from every platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LAX54

Established Member
Ipswich: 1 to 4, you can go to Felixstowe / Lowestoft / Peterboro / Cambridge / Norwich from all 4, and do on a regular basis:)

norbitonflyer

Established Member
Manchester Piccadilly you can go anywhere south or east[Euston, Manchester Airport, Crewe, Stockport, Leeds via Guide Bridge, Glossop, Sheffield, ecc] from all 14 platforms
I think the OP was looking for scheduled services. I doubt there are any to Euston from the through platforms, for example.

It is physically possible to route any train for the Grimsby or Sleaford lines out of any of the five platforms at Lincoln, but I don't know if either route actually sees departures from all five platforms. (An eastbound departure from platform 5, or a westbound arrival into platform 3, would be a rare thing.

scrapy

Established Member
Dinting has trains for stations Manchester Piccadilly from both platforms.

Parallel

Established Member
Pretty sure it is possible to get to all destinations from all three platforms at Westbury, though Platform 3 tends to be used more for London and Cardiff/Malvern via Bristol bound trains.

BeijingDave

Almost 100% sure I've have travelled to Birmingham New Street from every platform at Coventry.

Possible towards Rugby too.

Status
Not open for further replies.