• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trying to identify DB train in Edale on Monday 21/09/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwasyoungonce

Hi,
I'm trying to identify a train I saw on Monday in Edale, it had the DB logo in white on the side, was predominantly green (looked freshly painted) and I caught a glimpse of a name plate which said Queen, any body got any ideas ?
I tried the DB website and did a google search but nothing came up.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iwasyoungonce

Possibly 67005 "Queens Messenger"
Cheers Domh,
The name plaque was red, it was a brighter green and there was no royal plaque as shown on the photos of 67005 I've seen online also I think it was a different shape.
Thanks

The_Train

Established Member
Hi,
I'm trying to identify a train I saw on Monday in Edale, it had the DB logo in white on the side, was predominantly green (looked freshly painted) and I caught a glimpse of a name plate which said Queen, any body got any ideas ?
I tried the DB website and did a google search but nothing came up.
Thanks

Indeed, the only DB loco I have down as having 'Queen' in its name is 67005 - doesn't match the livery sighted though as this is in Royal Plum livery and not green.

Not missing an opportunity for a bit of advertising, I thought I'd add that my new website - www.ukraillog.co.uk - is perfect for this situation. The search function (at the bottom of the home page) allows you to search using any info you have (in this case "DB" in the operator search bar, "green" in the livery search bar and "queen" in the name search bar) and returns any results which include each of the search parameters in the relevant fields. In this case it wouldn't return a result because no such result exists but if you removed the green search and went with the other 2, you'd return 67005 as your result :) Perfect for those occasions when you can see so much of a loco but not the number :)

iwasyoungonce

Indeed, the only DB loco I have down as having 'Queen' in its name is 67005 - doesn't match the livery sighted though as this is in Royal Plum livery and not green.

Not missing an opportunity for a bit of advertising, I thought I'd add that my new website - www.ukraillog.co.uk - is perfect for this situation. The search function (at the bottom of the home page) allows you to search using any info you have (in this case "DB" in the operator search bar, "green" in the livery search bar and "queen" in the name search bar) and returns any results which include each of the search parameters in the relevant fields. In this case it wouldn't return a result because no such result exists but if you removed the green search and went with the other 2, you'd return 67005 as your result :) Perfect for those occasions when you can see so much of a loco but not the number :)
Hi The_Train,
Yes I did try your site https://www.ukraillog.co.uk and it didn't give a result as you said.
Thanks

The_Train

Established Member
Hi The_Train,
Yes I did try your site https://www.ukraillog.co.uk and it didn't give a result as you said.
Thanks

Glad you tried it :)
I've tried as many variants as I can think of for green and DB and have yielded no results. Equally, I only have 3 locos listed as having "queen" in their name and none match your other information (except a green class 05 shunter that is based at a private site).

Only other thing I can do is check what was in the vicinity if you know what time you saw it (providing i can find info for that time)?

Bob figgis

I’m guessing the working you saw was one of these peak forest to grindleford out and back workings 0z50,0z51,0z52 or 0z53. I was at Peak Forest last Friday the 18th and 67005 was stabled at the signing on point.

iwasyoungonce

I’m guessing the working you saw was one of these peak forest to grindleford out and back workings 0z50,0z51,0z52 or 0z53. I was at Peak Forest last Friday the 18th and 67005 was stabled at the signing on point.
Cheers Bob,
This engine was seen between Hope station and Cowburn tunnel.
Thanks

Glad you tried it :)
I've tried as many variants as I can think of for green and DB and have yielded no results. Equally, I only have 3 locos listed as having "queen" in their name and none match your other information (except a green class 05 shunter that is based at a private site).

Only other thing I can do is check what was in the vicinity if you know what time you saw it (providing i can find info for that time)?
Cheers,
I'm not that aufait with rolling stock but it definitely was not a shunter, think it was about 2.30 pm if it helps
Thanks

The_Train

Established Member
I'm not that aufait with rolling stock but it definitely was not a shunter, think it was about 2.30 pm if it helps
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have info for that time. Only thing I can say for sure is that 67005 was at Peak Forest first thing yesterday morning and still there last thing last night. What with the name "Queen" being mentioned, I'm going to suggest that it was this that you saw - I'd guess with the sun shining in the right way, it could give off a greeny look. Seems like too much of a coincidence that the loco was in the area all day yesterday.

One final suggestion from me is to post your request in the Non-urgent TOPS thread. You may find someone in there with full access to TOPS and able to check what was at Peak Forest at the time you went past yesterday :)

iwasyoungonce

Unfortunately I don't have info for that time. Only thing I can say for sure is that 67005 was at Peak Forest first thing yesterday morning and still there last thing last night. What with the name "Queen" being mentioned, I'm going to suggest that it was this that you saw - I'd guess with the sun shining in the right way, it could give off a greeny look. Seems like too much of a coincidence that the loco was in the area all day yesterday.

One final suggestion from me is to post your request in the Non-urgent TOPS thread. You may find someone in there with full access to TOPS and able to check what was at Peak Forest at the time you went past yesterday :)
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Jamesrob637

Established Member
67005 was at Buxton last Wednesday (16/09) - must be rare for a loco to enter the platform area rather than skirt the station to/from the local quarries!

palmersears

Established Member
67005 has been working out of Peak Forest on and off for six weeks or so now on various route learning trips, ahead of the rail head treatment MPV coming in for leaf fall season.

iwasyoungonce

67005 has been working out of Peak Forest on and off for six weeks or so now on various route learning trips, ahead of the rail head treatment MPV coming in for leaf fall season.
Cheer's Palmersears,
Seeing a DB engine would tie in with their Network rail CP6 contract, my search continues!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.