• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Twickenham Station building

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
It looks like there have been a number of renovations in recent months at Twickenham Railway Station, party owing to the need to lengthen the platforms, but I also see that they seem to have relaid track in unused platform 2, but not at platform one, both of which were bay platforms and I guess mainly used for Rugger Specials and post office trains as the main Twickenham GPO sorting office was across the road and was linked to the platforms by foot path to enable easy access from the trains to mail office & VV when trains used to carry royal mail.

However platform two seems also to be partly barricaded off, so I wonder why bother laying track again? are there plans to re use the bays again?

I know there was talk at one stage of extended the North London Line from Richmond into SWT Land but not sure if that is going ahead, it would mean NLL having to cross SWT lines just North of Richmond Station and I think it was going further than Twickenham anyway.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.