• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UEFA EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
FOOTBALL-RELATED ITALIAN HOPES TO WIN TODAY AT BOTH FOOTBALL AND THE MEN'S SINGLES IN GREATER LONDON.

I hope that Djokovic wins the Men's Singles Final, at Wimbledon today, as he is facing an opponent from Italy in the match and the Italian supporters of both sports will hope their country "does the double" in the Greater London area today
Well, Djokavic won his final by 3 sets to one, after losing the first set, so that is one trophy that Italy can't boast about.

if England lose, will Northern do the same to Wakefield Kirkgate (as a punishment)? <D
Or even Wigan Wallgate.. :p

tommy2215

England are playing very well! Italy's marking has been shocking, they are constantly allowing us to get the ball in dangerous positions. So far the Italian players have spent more time on the floor than with the ball

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I did worry that scoring so early would mean we'd spend 87mins just trying to protect the lead... but we've been very good, and tried to increase the lead. Several times we've just been the final ball away from going 2-0 up. More of the same please!

LAX54

Established Member
Good to see fans letting us down again, storming the turnstiles and attacking the Stewards, Reports of ticketed fans not being able to access their paid seats, and many standing in the aisles

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Good to see fans letting us down again, storming the turnstiles and attacking the Stewards, Reports of ticketed fans not being able to access their paid seats, and many standing in the aisles
Certainly not condoning this, but rushing the gates at Wembley is nothing new, how about the 1923 ("White Horse") FA Cup Final anyone? :rolleyes:

800px-White_Horse_Final1923.jpg

Photo of 1923 FA Cup Final at Wembley. Source: Wikipedia.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Pickford needed to get more on that, put it out for a corner rather than back into the danger zone...

Going to have to weather the onslaught now.

On the bright side, a statistic that came up in the Spain v. Italy semi was that no team has ever won two shoot-outs in the same tournament... :)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I am obviously biased but I swear that should have been a red on Chiellini. It wasn't like he just got tangled up or wasn't careful enough he held the other player back and almost put them on the floor!

Anyway. Are we all having fun? Isn't this fun? Why do we watch sport again?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I am obviously biased but I swear that should have been a red on Chiellini. It wasn't like he just got tangled up or wasn't careful enough he held the other player back and almost put them on the floor!

Anyway. Are we all having fun? Isn't this fun? Why do we watch sport again?
Yellow card all night long. Chiellini took one for the team there, but as he was out on the wing by the halfway line, he probably wasn't denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. (That almost certainly would have meant a "straight red").

P.S. Is that a fourth yellow card for the Italians so far? o_O

Butts

Veteran Member
England didn't press home the advantage of that 2nd minute goal from Shaw.

Surprised they had "boys" taking penalties and not Sterling and Grealish.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
I imagine the penalty takers volunteered, and props to them. Surprised Grealish didn't take the last one

On Moderation
Do they never learn. Don't try to be clever at penalties - blast the ball towards the net as hard as you can.
You going to volunteer to take one, then?

Ultimately Italy deserved to win on the 120mins before the spot kicks. They’ve been the best team in the tournament, to be fair.

Cletus

Established Member
Where was Sterling for the penalties? Pickford was probably up for one earlier!

Maguire's penalty might have been the best ever though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.