• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uk rail atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Can anybody advise if there is a UK rail atlas that shows closed, disused railway lines/routes-stations, as well as lines taht are in use now. I have the "quails trackmaps" and the 11 th edition of Mr Bakers UK rail atlas, but these only show existing routes and preserved lines etc. Many tks Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class313

The only atlas I have that covers disused lines as well as current lines is the London Railway Atlas- Ian Allan, but obviously, that only covers the London Area, but it does give all the disused lines and station as well as ones that are still in use

The Planner

Veteran Member
Have a search for the New Adlestrop map online, its a massive PDF but fairly good.

Masabi

These are great! If you come across anymore I'd really appreciate your posting them here. Many thanks.

sprinterguy

Established Member
The massive (and expensive) “Historical Railway Atlas of Great Britain” shows all railway lines in Britain that have ever been built by the pre-grouping railway companies and BR up to 1994, and all stations open or closed. It includes opening and closing dates (if applicable) of all sections of line and the stations along them, and is colour coded to show which big four company had running rights over each line. All overlaid on old one inch to a mile Ordnance Survey maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.