• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK Rail Log Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Train

Established Member
Been a while since I last updated this thread but I have today added a 'Railway Links' page to the site which is basically a directory of railway related websites together on the single page. It can be found under 'More' on the header menu or 'Other' on the Home Page menu.

Not a major addition to the site but one that will hopefully come in handy for people who maybe aren't aware of every railway related organisation that is out there whilst providing easy access to websites for all :)

If anyone spots anything that I have missed off then please do let me know so I can get them added

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatvoyager

Established Member
Been a while since I last updated this thread but I have today added a 'Railway Links' page to the site which is basically a directory of railway related websites together on the single page. It can be found under 'More' on the header menu or 'Other' on the Home Page menu.

Not a major addition to the site but one that will hopefully come in handy for people who maybe aren't aware of every railway related organisation that is out there whilst providing easy access to websites for all :)

If anyone spots anything that I have missed off then please do let me know so I can get them added
I noticed this, a nice addition.

The_Train

Established Member
Just a little update as not had much need to change much to the structure of the site recently as I am fairly happy with how things are looking!

But........I have added to the Railway News section over the last week with details as below:

1) All of the 2021 monthly news pages are now in the same layout after I changed it earlier this year which had initially left Jan-Apr in the old style and the rest of the year in the new layout. I may, if I get chance, change the 2020 pages into this layout as well so they are all the same but won't be for a while yet.

2) Thought it would be nice to be able to search through all the year's news so there is now the option on the menu page in the 2021 section to view "All 2021" news2021 News Menu.jpg

I thought this might be handy if you wanted to search for all news this year for specific operators, or classes, or specific loco's or even by using the key word filter if you wanted to find "scrapped" stock in 2021 or news about "livery" changes by typing in words such as those in "" (they are just examples, search however you wish :D )

News Filtersa.jpg

Long term, the plan for this would be to continue doing this on a yearly basis but also to then build another page which will enable you to do all of the above but for all years (obviously this will grow as time goes on) so you can see all news in one place.

Hopefully you'll find it as useful as I think it could be but if anyone has alternative ideas, I'm open to suggestions :)

Direct link to the news menu is https://www.ukraillog.co.uk/railway-news-menu to check it all out!

I'm also working on other tweaks to the site but I am battling against my coding inexperience so if anyone on here has any experience with Javascript and can offer a bit of support to me, please do get in touch either by replying in this thread or drop me a DM :)

The_Train

Established Member
I feel an update coming… ;)
A little bit delayed but yes, I thought I would re-open this thread to announce that I have now corrected one of the biggest gripes about the site. The Fleet Data pages have been rebuilt and now correctly fit the screens of mobiles and tablets in desktop view :idea: which they didn't do before. The rebuild also means that the pages (should) load a lot quicker than they did previously :)

Hopefully this is seen as progress, I'm certainly happy with how much better it looks and works (but I'm slightly biased) :D

Welshguy1048

Morning

Just searched for class 37 and before i had typed 37 - i got this screen :

Dave

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_112950_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_112950_com.android.chrome.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 6

The_Train

Established Member
Morning

Just searched for class 37 and before i had typed 37 - i got this screen :

Dave

Same here
It's worked ok for me but I have just done a test on the time it allows you to complete whatever you are entering once you type the first digit in before it searches the page and it was well under 2 seconds so it does require pretty quick typing at the moment.

I will have a play around with how long it gives you later when I finish work and report back

Welshguy1048

It's worked ok for me but I have just done a test on the time it allows you to complete whatever you are entering once you type the first digit in before it searches the page and it was well under 2 seconds so it does require pretty quick typing at the moment.

I will have a play around with how long it gives you later when I finish work and report back
Okay.

Thank you

Dave

The_Train

Established Member
All of the fleet data pages should now have a longer delay for inputting the class number. I may tweak the unit ones later as I think they might be a bit too slow now but having more time to input is better than not having enough time as was the case before. Thanks to @Welshguy1048 and @Farigiraf for highlighting this :)

Welshguy1048

Morning

Am getting this screen when i go to the website...

Dave

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925_100545_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_100545_com.android.chrome.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 18

Welshguy1048

Yeah apologies for that. It was an issue that I had to resolve on my phone whilst travelling towards Ilkley on a Class 333 as I was away for a few days and didn't have my laptop with me :D
No worries.

A great website you have.

I use it all the time

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.