• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK Rail Log Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
I have managed a loco/units update this afternoon so everything is as close to up to date as I can make it.

Full list of the updates is in the Railway News section as always :)

------------Post below added 13:23 on 17/09/20-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon all, I have made some amendments to the Home Page now. Hopefully the new structure makes it look slightly less cramped and easier to navigate the different areas.

I am also excited by the NEW search function that has replaced the original search bar on the Home Page. This new search function allows you to pick which areas of information you wish to include in your search - the more information input, the more precise your results will be. For example searching "60" in the 'Search Class' bar will produce all class 60's whereas searching "60" in the 'Search Class' bar and "gbrf" in the 'Search Operator' bar will produce a result narrowed down to show the class 60's which are operated by GBRf.
You can literally search using any one of the search bars, or by using multiple search bars or if you have all information to hand, by searching all of the search bars. Just input your search info in whichever search fields you wish to search and then click the magnifying glass (enter is not working at present) and your results will show.

Just a quick note as well, the search is currently only for Locomotives and not for any other section. I want to get the DMU fleet data section fully updated and then I will look to add this to the search function as well.

I would also like to add that this new search would not have been possible without the help of @mrmatt who has been superb with his JavaScript support after I spent literally weeks (if not months) trying to, unsuccessfully, find a solution to a problem I had encountered. The fact that so many people are willing to take time out of their own lives to assist in different ways, really does highlight how good our little community can be and I, for one, am extremely thankful for the help and support people have been offering in different ways :)

Finally here is a quick summary of the recent Home Page amendments below:

• Site News and Railway News button brought up to just below the photo instead of right at the bottom.
  • The Fleet Data buttons have now been boxed together with a header title to indicate what the buttons actually are for as I realised this might not have been immediately clear.
  • The new search function is now at the bottom of the page.
  • A button is now available in the Header of each page which will take you to the search section on the Home Page from wherever you are on the website.
I'm really happy with the new look Home Page and very happy with the new search function but as always happy to receive any feedback on how it looks to anyone else :)

Thanks

www.ukraillog.co.uk

----------------------Post below added 16:53 on 18/09/20-----------------------------------------

After the recent changes to the Home Page and search function, I've now completed the Class 100 - Class 111 page of the DMU Fleet Data section and also just finished another stock update :)

www.ukraillog.co.uk
I've had a look and the changes look really good. This new search function is really useful - I managed to find the exact engine I entered in a fraction of the time it would take to search manually.
Having a button to take you to the search function on the homepage sounds nice: maybe this could be replaced with a drop-down menu at some point, with the same functionality as the homepage search menu? Although I can see this getting quite complicated!
Are you planning to finish off the rest of the 1st Generation DMUs? It would be rather useful for me but they can get quite complicated, especially if you include ones which don't exist anymore as swapping coaches wasn't uncommon back in the 1970s/80s/90s from what I've seen and read!

-Peter :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Train

Established Member
I've had a look and the changes look really good. This new search function is really useful - I managed to find the exact engine I entered in a fraction of the time it would take to search manually.
Having a button to take you to the search function on the homepage sounds nice: maybe this could be replaced with a drop-down menu at some point, with the same functionality as the homepage search menu? Although I can see this getting quite complicated!
Are you planning to finish off the rest of the 1st Generation DMUs? It would be rather useful for me but they can get quite complicated, especially if you include ones which don't exist anymore as swapping coaches wasn't uncommon back in the 1970s/80s/90s from what I've seen and read!

-Peter :)

Thanks Peter, glad the new search function is of use. Certainly works a lot better than the previous one!
The button to take you to the search area should appear in the header of every page, not just the Home Page. So whichever page you are on, you're only ever one click from a return to the search area :)
The DMU fleet data section is now complete to the point I am taking each section at the moment as I have just added the Class 114-Class 127 page to it. That means that all DMU units, that are still active or at least intact, are now listed on the site. Once I have everything that exists today listed, I may then go back and add in stock of yesteryear that was scrapped many moons ago.

nicolaboo

I don't know if any of this helps your shout for 195 info.
Had 195113 on 6/8/20.
It was on 1153 Barrow to Man Air.

Also had 195122 the same day and back on 10/10/19

The_Train

Established Member
I don't know if any of this helps your shout for 195 info.
Had 195113 on 6/8/20.
It was on 1153 Barrow to Man Air.

Also had 195122 the same day and back on 10/10/19

This helps massively Neil - I've now updated the site.
Thanks very much for the info, greatly appreciated.

-------------------------------BELOW POSTED 20:54 ON 28/09/20-------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the lack of loco updates last week - I was working on getting the search function operational for the DMU fleet as well. I have it working in test conditions but I am currently working on a few extra things to make it more user friendly :)

I have managed to get a stock update done today though (I started it yesterday so it has yesterday's date) for those interested.
I have also updated some of the EMR stock which has appeared in the EMR livery.

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
This helps massively Neil - I've now updated the site.
Thanks very much for the info, greatly appreciated.

-------------------------------BELOW POSTED 20:54 ON 28/09/20-------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the lack of loco updates last week - I was working on getting the search function operational for the DMU fleet as well. I have it working in test conditions but I am currently working on a few extra things to make it more user friendly :)

I have managed to get a stock update done today though (I started it yesterday so it has yesterday's date) for those interested.
I have also updated some of the EMR stock which has appeared in the EMR livery.
Sounds interesting! :D I'll have a gander.
If it's of any interest/note, EMR 43058 and 43048 (or ex-EMR I believe they are now) have gone to Long Marston storage, future apparently unknown:

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
Just seen this thread and site. Great resource thank you.

Thanks very much @GRALISTAIR - glad it can be of use to you :)

------------------BELOW POSTED 21:22 ON 30/09/20----------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening all,

Firstly, a stock update has gone live this afternoon for those interested - Railway News is your friend for details :)

More importantly though, the search function has received yet another update - this time to incorporate the DMU fleet data as well and allow you to search for these units as well as the locomotives. So you now pick which type of traction you wish to search for, using the new dropdown menu, and then conduct your search as you would have previously. Please note that, until you select your traction type from the dropdown, you will not be able to fill in any other fields.

I am also 75% of the way to allowing you to search 'ALL' traction types in one search so this will become an option in the dropdown menu in the not too distant future

Last edited:

The_Train

Established Member
Evening all,

Been a while since the last update but I didn't want to post whenever I do a stock update as it's a given that this will just happen. The plan is for this to happen every Monday, Wednesday and Friday but it could happen more or less often than this and on different days on occasion. Just depends on whether time is on my side or not :) Just check the Railway News to see if any updates have occurred since your last visit!

I have made a more structural change this evening though so thought I would add an update here. The search function has been updated once more with the option to search Diesel Multiple Units by their coach number(s) - click "Diesel Multiple Units" from the search dropdown and you will notice a 'formation' search bar appears. Type in your coach number and hit search and you will be directed to the unit number. I've attached some pics to show an example of the new feature :)

I find this particularly useful when I have been at places like Manchester Piccadilly where it can be difficult to sight the unit number but where you can see the coach numbers easier. Hopefully it will be of use to others :) As ever, feedback is welcomed!

I am also continuing my work to add the ability to search all types of traction at once. Bit of a 'whack-a-mole' situation with that at the moment in that I seem to solve one problem but in turn, find another one. Hopefully this will be working in the coming weeks :)

search1.jpgsearch2.jpgsearch3.jpg

-------------------------BELOW POSTED @ 17:10 ON 14/10/20 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also continuing my work to add the ability to search all types of traction at once. Bit of a 'whack-a-mole' situation with that at the moment in that I seem to solve one problem but in turn, find another one. Hopefully this will be working in the coming weeks :)

I'm happy to confirm that searching all types of traction with one search is now possible as shown in the attached pics :)
search1.jpgsearch2.jpgsearch3.jpg

-------------------------BELOW POSTED @ 10:05 ON 17/10/20 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a small update this morning - I have added a 'navigation' feature to the locomotive data fleet pages which removes the need for scrolling to find the class you are looking for. Simply pick the class from the new menu at the top of each page and you will be directed to where you want to go :)

-------------------------BELOW POSTED @ 19:57 ON 17/10/20 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I genuinely don't know if these posts are generating any notifications for people on here but here is another update :)

I have finally commenced work on getting the EMU fleet data screens moving and have today managed to get the Class 313 - Class 322 page live. It is now available via the EMU button on the Home Page or directly via the EMU menu at https://www.ukraillog.co.uk/emu-fleet-data

As ever, if you spot any incorrect data then either use the Gen Submit form on the site (link can be found at the top of every page) or drop me a message on here.

Last edited:

The_Train

Established Member
Saturday update:

The Class 323 - Class 357 Fleet Data page is now available in the EMU section.
Access it via the EMU button on the Home Page or direct at www.ukraillog.co.uk/323-357

If anyone spots an error or has any additional 'gen' then feel free to let me know :)

Also, over the last week or so I have added a 'navigation' menu to the top of each of the data fleet pages which negates the need to scroll to find a specific class.

Peter C

Established Member
Saturday update:

The Class 323 - Class 357 Fleet Data page is now available in the EMU section.
Access it via the EMU button on the Home Page or direct at www.ukraillog.co.uk/323-357

If anyone spots an error or has any additional 'gen' then feel free to let me know :)

Also, over the last week or so I have added a 'navigation' menu to the top of each of the data fleet pages which negates the need to scroll to find a specific class.
I've just had a look and it all looks really good - well done :D
Apologies - I kept meaning to say something about your new changes to the website but kept forgetting. I had a fiddle around with the functions of the site earlier this week and thought it was really useful and easy to use; it also deals with excess information well (from what I remember, I searched for 50007 and entered the FOC, class, and number and it worked).

Hope this helps,

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
I've just had a look and it all looks really good - well done :D
Apologies - I kept meaning to say something about your new changes to the website but kept forgetting. I had a fiddle around with the functions of the site earlier this week and thought it was really useful and easy to use; it also deals with excess information well (from what I remember, I searched for 50007 and entered the FOC, class, and number and it worked).

Hope this helps,

-Peter

Thanks, as always, Peter (hope you are keeping well?).
Glad to hear you're finding the site of use and the search function is yielding the results I intend it to :)

To all, I have today spent some time updating and (in my opinion at least) upgrading the Home Page so check it out and let me know what you think of the changes :) We also now have a logo which (along with lots of guidance on the Home Page changes) has been kindly produced FOC by Tortie Designs (check their Twitter as they currently produce railway related face coverings) - my absolute thanks goes to them for doing this from the goodness of their heart.

Last edited:

The_Train

Established Member
The Class 360-Class 379 and Class 380-Class 399 pages have now gone live in the EMU Fleet Data section
:)

I am also looking to run a bit of a feature involving user supplied railway related photo's.
If anyone fancies getting involved then PM me your photo of choice, ideally with a winter/xmas feel to it but not a necessity, and let me know of any social media channels you have which you'd like me to add to the photo for a bit of a free plug

Providing I get enough interest, it will be one pic per person and deadline to get them in to me is Monday 30th November.

Thanks

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks, as always, Peter (hope you are keeping well?).
Glad to hear you're finding the site of use and the search function is yielding the results I intend it to :)

To all, I have today spent some time updating and (in my opinion at least) upgrading the Home Page so check it out and let me know what you think of the changes :) We also now have a logo which (along with lots of guidance on the Home Page changes) has been kindly produced FOC by Tortie Designs (check their Twitter as they currently produce railway related face coverings) - my absolute thanks goes to them for doing this from the goodness of their heart.
I'm very well thanks - apologies it's taken so long to get back to you! :)

The Class 360-Class 379 and Class 380-Class 399 pages have now gone live in the EMU Fleet Data section

I am also looking to run a bit of a feature involving user supplied railway related photo's.
If anyone fancies getting involved then PM me your photo of choice, ideally with a winter/xmas feel to it but not a necessity, and let me know of any social media channels you have which you'd like me to add to the photo for a bit of a free plug

Providing I get enough interest, it will be one pic per person and deadline to get them in to me is Monday 30th November.

Thanks
I'm loving the updates that are being made to the site - the pages you've added recently will be very useful for me when we can go trainspotting as normal again as there are lots of Class 387s on services near me. I like the user-supplied photos thing; I might send a few of my own if I can find them!
The only problem is - when I click on the link in your signature (17.11.2020 at 1930), the site seems to be down; is this a deliberate thing or has something gone wrong? I hope you can get it sorted soon! :D

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
Apologies for the lack of updates on here but work has been progressing - I just have one more group of classes (mainly preserved) to do and the EMU section will be complete leaving just the multi-modes to do :)

I have also tweaked the Home Page to make the buttons more accessible by moving them up the page and negating the need for scrolling and I am working behind the scenes to improve the 'Must See' page.

The main reason I have returned to this thread is that I have also been (slowly) working on a new section which will offer a log of important changes to particular loco's. For now I am restricting this to key things like livery changes, name changes, operator changes (if anyone has suggestions for other things then feel free to let me know). It is only in test stage at the moment so needs some tweaking but thought I would see if this is something that will be useful to people before I add every class so for now there are just the Class 37 and Class 90 section available.

Access it via the "Loco Logs (Test)" button and then pick your class from the next page. I would recommend heading to 37059's records to get a full feel of how each page will look as some just have a gap at the top for now - you will understand why that is when you see what I mean about 059 having a full feel :D

Check it out and let me know what you think as it has been feedback on this thread and via PM's that has really built the site into what it is now :)

Thanks

Peter C

Established Member
Apologies for the lack of updates on here but work has been progressing - I just have one more group of classes (mainly preserved) to do and the EMU section will be complete leaving just the multi-modes to do :)

I have also tweaked the Home Page to make the buttons more accessible by moving them up the page and negating the need for scrolling and I am working behind the scenes to improve the 'Must See' page.

The main reason I have returned to this thread is that I have also been (slowly) working on a new section which will offer a log of important changes to particular loco's. For now I am restricting this to key things like livery changes, name changes, operator changes (if anyone has suggestions for other things then feel free to let me know). It is only in test stage at the moment so needs some tweaking but thought I would see if this is something that will be useful to people before I add every class so for now there are just the Class 37 and Class 90 section available.

Access it via the "Loco Logs (Test)" button and then pick your class from the next page. I would recommend heading to 37059's records to get a full feel of how each page will look as some just have a gap at the top for now - you will understand why that is when you see what I mean about 059 having a full feel :D

Check it out and let me know what you think as it has been feedback on this thread and via PM's that has really built the site into what it is now :)

Thanks
I'd been having a look at the site the other day and meant to get onto this thread and give my thoughts but completely forgot. My main thought is the site's really progressing well now and I can tell it will be a really useful resource for people when we can go out and about again - well done :)
I like the change to the homepage: to be honest I found the scrolling down thing a bit odd and often forgot I had to do it so it's nice to see that changed. I've also looked at the Loco Logs section (37059 in particular) and I think that's a really good addition too - one of the main disadvantages of having printed trainspotting books, and even regularly-published magazines, is that they go out of date incredibly quickly as engines and units change names, liveries, and in some cases numbers. Will the photo for each page be just one of each particular engine at any point in time or is the idea to put up-to-date photos on there? The latter could be really useful for quick reference of liveries and I'm sure the community would be very happy to help out in supplying photos for various engines.

Also - it can't have been November when the last post was made, surely? Doesn't feel like that long ago!

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
I'd been having a look at the site the other day and meant to get onto this thread and give my thoughts but completely forgot. My main thought is the site's really progressing well now and I can tell it will be a really useful resource for people when we can go out and about again - well done :)
I like the change to the homepage: to be honest I found the scrolling down thing a bit odd and often forgot I had to do it so it's nice to see that changed. I've also looked at the Loco Logs section (37059 in particular) and I think that's a really good addition too - one of the main disadvantages of having printed trainspotting books, and even regularly-published magazines, is that they go out of date incredibly quickly as engines and units change names, liveries, and in some cases numbers. Will the photo for each page be just one of each particular engine at any point in time or is the idea to put up-to-date photos on there? The latter could be really useful for quick reference of liveries and I'm sure the community would be very happy to help out in supplying photos for various engines.

Also - it can't have been November when the last post was made, surely? Doesn't feel like that long ago!

-Peter
Thanks Peter - glad you like the changes to the Home Page. Not sure why I thought having menu buttons at the bottom of the page was a good idea but when you become annoyed at having to scroll on your own website you know a change is needed :D

Re the photo's, yes the plan would be to use the most up to date photo's possible. The ones in place now are just the most up to date within my own collection (and some are 12+ months old now) - it would be nice for it to be a community project to get a new photo of each loco on there. Appreciate that this might have to wait until we can all get back out but something to aim for long term - now I am using Twitter to get the website out to a greater audience hopefully that will be easier to do :) In the short term I am working on the any photo is better than none idea and will happily use older photo's that anyone can supply until I can get a more up to date one!

Also, a note for everyone - I missed a bit off my previous post that is quite important. There is a slight difference between the layout of the Class 37 pages and the Class 90 pages (look for the Current Operator and Current Livery info on each to spot the difference). I know in my mind which layout I prefer but again, would appreciate any feedback on which you guys see as the better one!

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks Peter - glad you like the changes to the Home Page. Not sure why I thought having menu buttons at the bottom of the page was a good idea but when you become annoyed at having to scroll on your own website you know a change is needed :D
Haha :) One of the many advantages of doing it online and not in print I suppose!

Re the photo's, yes the plan would be to use the most up to date photo's possible. The ones in place now are just the most up to date within my own collection (and some are 12+ months old now) - it would be nice for it to be a community project to get a new photo of each loco on there. Appreciate that this might have to wait until we can all get back out but something to aim for long term - now I am using Twitter to get the website out to a greater audience hopefully that will be easier to do :) In the short term I am working on the any photo is better than none idea and will happily use older photo's that anyone can supply until I can get a more up to date one!
Ah brilliant! I'm personally hoping that we can all start getting back out and about to some degree sometime this year, so hopefully that could get going quicker, but we'll have to wait and see I suppose. Using Twitter to publicise the site is a good idea - there will be a lot of people on there who aren't on here and vice versa.

Also, a note for everyone - I missed a bit off my previous post that is quite important. There is a slight difference between the layout of the Class 37 pages and the Class 90 pages (look for the Current Operator and Current Livery info on each to spot the difference). I know in my mind which layout I prefer but again, would appreciate any feedback on which you guys see as the better one!
Having just had a quick look, I prefer the Class 90 version: much easier to see all of the information at the bottom of the page as opposed to two bits at the top and then the rest at the bottom. I suppose having a photo could make the Class 37 version more preferable though?

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
Apologies for the delay in responding - I thought I had done so previously (oops!)
Haha :) One of the many advantages of doing it online and not in print I suppose!
Most definitely - having the ability to make improvements as you go is certainly a benefit of modern technology. I can't imagine the pain of doing something like this in print and then finding part of the layout doesn't look right...…..after it is printed!
Ah brilliant! I'm personally hoping that we can all start getting back out and about to some degree sometime this year, so hopefully that could get going quicker, but we'll have to wait and see I suppose. Using Twitter to publicise the site is a good idea - there will be a lot of people on there who aren't on here and vice versa.
Yeah, hopefully when people are getting out and about everywhere again more up to date photo's of most loco's will be available to us.
Having just had a quick look, I prefer the Class 90 version: much easier to see all of the information at the bottom of the page as opposed to two bits at the top and then the rest at the bottom. I suppose having a photo could make the Class 37 version more preferable though?

-Peter
My preference in terms of layout was the 37 version but I can see your point about having the info together at the bottom. The 90 version was how I set it up first but as ever ideas develop in my mind as things progress and I thought that having all of the current info together at the top ie Operator -- Number -- Livery and then all of the changes at the bottom would work a bit better whilst also filling a bit of empty space either side of the number. If you want to see the 37 version with a photo included, then seek out 37059, 37407 or 37521 using the dropdown and see if it does appear any better :)

This section will probably go on hold for a little while anyway as I'm currently conducting investigative work to find out the location/status of preserved EMU units so that I can get the EMU section complete and then add the EMU's to the search function as well. I will continue to mull over this potential new section for a few weeks

Peter C

Established Member
Apologies for the delay in responding - I thought I had done so previously (oops!)

Most definitely - having the ability to make improvements as you go is certainly a benefit of modern technology. I can't imagine the pain of doing something like this in print and then finding part of the layout doesn't look right...…..after it is printed!
That's happened to me a few times - not with proper things to be shared/sold, but with personal things (and it's always the larger documents which never print right) :)

My preference in terms of layout was the 37 version but I can see your point about having the info together at the bottom. The 90 version was how I set it up first but as ever ideas develop in my mind as things progress and I thought that having all of the current info together at the top ie Operator -- Number -- Livery and then all of the changes at the bottom would work a bit better whilst also filling a bit of empty space either side of the number. If you want to see the 37 version with a photo included, then seek out 37059, 37407 or 37521 using the dropdown and see if it does appear any better :)
Ah OK - fair enough, and I can see why that would be. Having things at the top would be better for quick reference on smaller devices I suppose, too; I'll check out those pages and report back with my thoughts.

This section will probably go on hold for a little while anyway as I'm currently conducting investigative work to find out the location/status of preserved EMU units so that I can get the EMU section complete and then add the EMU's to the search function as well. I will continue to mull over this potential new section for a few weeks
Sounds interesting - and a lot of work! I can always help in doing research into where various EMUs have ended up if you need it.

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
Sounds interesting - and a lot of work! I can always help in doing research into where various EMUs have ended up if you need it.

-Peter
Thanks Peter. I have now completed that final page - I quite enjoy the research part as I learn quite a lot as I go :) That said, anything you can offer in terms of research/contribution is always welcome.

As an update for anyone interested, the final page of the EMU Fleet Data section is now complete. I believe there are a couple more preserved EMU classes for me to add to finalise the EMU section before I move on to the bi-mode units but we edge ever closer to getting all existing loco's/units loaded onto the site :D

I've also today added all of the EMU data to the search function so EMU's can now be searched for via the search tool on the Home Page.

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks Peter. I have now completed that final page - I quite enjoy the research part as I learn quite a lot as I go :) That said, anything you can offer in terms of research/contribution is always welcome.
Ah fair enough - I can totally see where you're coming from. I expect by the end of this you'll be really rather knowledgeable with regards to all the different types of engine and unit!

As an update for anyone interested, the final page of the EMU Fleet Data section is now complete. I believe there are a couple more preserved EMU classes for me to add to finalise the EMU section before I move on to the bi-mode units but we edge ever closer to getting all existing loco's/units loaded onto the site :D

I've also today added all of the EMU data to the search function so EMU's can now be searched for via the search tool on the Home Page.
Sounds really cool. I'm looking forward to the bi-mode bit!

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
Just a quick note to let anyone (who is interested) know that I have finally managed to sort the main search function on the Home Page so that you can activate your search using the "Enter" key on your keyboard instead of having to click the magnifying glass.

Only a minor thing but if everyone else is like me, it is much more natural to use the Enter key after typing something into the search bars so hopefully this will make the function that little bit better :)

Peter C

Established Member
Just a quick note to let anyone (who is interested) know that I have finally managed to sort the main search function on the Home Page so that you can activate your search using the "Enter" key on your keyboard instead of having to click the magnifying glass.

Only a minor thing but if everyone else is like me, it is much more natural to use the Enter key after typing something into the search bars so hopefully this will make the function that little bit better :)
Sounds cool - and the kind of thing I'm sure people will make good use of! It's sometimes these little things which make everything so much better (or worse in some cases).

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
It's finally done - the Class 800-Class 810 fleet data page has gone live today and in doing so has seen me reach the end of loading up all of the data for all of the classes which have examples still existing or due to exist. Been quite a slog to say the least!

Thanks to all of those on here who have contributed to this, it has been a massive help along the way!

In terms of data, the next slog will be to add all of those locos and units that have come and gone in years gone by but as of yet I am undecided on how to add this data. I also have a few other ideas rattling around my head to add to the site so may look to do these before I get back to data - could do with a period of not going to bed and seeing UK train numbers whenever I close my eyes :D

Peter C

Established Member
It's finally done - the Class 800-Class 810 fleet data page has gone live today and in doing so has seen me reach the end of loading up all of the data for all of the classes which have examples still existing or due to exist. Been quite a slog to say the least!

Thanks to all of those on here who have contributed to this, it has been a massive help along the way!

In terms of data, the next slog will be to add all of those locos and units that have come and gone in years gone by but as of yet I am undecided on how to add this data. I also have a few other ideas rattling around my head to add to the site so may look to do these before I get back to data - could do with a period of not going to bed and seeing UK train numbers whenever I close my eyes :D
I had a look at the site earlier today and it's really cool to have the IETs on there now. Will definitely be useful when out-and-about (which something I've said a lot I realise!). Only issue I had with it - I couldn't see a bit for Class 801s?

-Peter

The_Train

Established Member
I had a look at the site earlier today and it's really cool to have the IETs on there now. Will definitely be useful when out-and-about (which something I've said a lot I realise!). Only issue I had with it - I couldn't see a bit for Class 801s?

-Peter
It was unfortunate that their numbering meant they would be towards the end haha. Glad it will be of use to you though and of course when you are out and about (not long now!!!) if you spot anything that is different to what the site says then please let me know :)

The Class 801 is officially classed as an EMU (although I think it may have a very small diesel engine so it can drag itself to a station, loop, siding etc if it suffers a failure) so is in that section. It is a bit confusing as the EMU and bi-mode numbers crossover (eg 800 and 802 in bi-modes and 801 and 803 in EMU's) but I wanted to keep them as different sections

Peter C

Established Member
It was unfortunate that their numbering meant they would be towards the end haha. Glad it will be of use to you though and of course when you are out and about (not long now!!!) if you spot anything that is different to what the site says then please let me know :)
Will do. :)

The Class 801 is officially classed as an EMU (although I think it may have a very small diesel engine so it can drag itself to a station, loop, siding etc if it suffers a failure) so is in that section. It is a bit confusing as the EMU and bi-mode numbers crossover (eg 800 and 802 in bi-modes and 801 and 803 in EMU's) but I wanted to keep them as different sections
Ah yes - now you say that, I think I remember some bits from a YT video I watched ages ago on the topic, and that was a part of it. D'oh!

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.