• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uncollected Oyster Top Up - At what point does the 4 day limit time out

Status
Not open for further replies.

flythetube

Greetings to all

On 19th July, I topped up an Oyster with £10 at 10:53 and the email receipt states that one has until 22 July in which to touch in to collect it.

Does anyone know whether the 4 day timeout is taken as from the actual time of the transaction, I.e 10:53 so would time out at 10:53 on the 22 July, or is it taken as up to 23:59 on the 22 July?

As an aside, does anyone think that the minimum online top up at £10 should be reduced to £5 as someone may only want to top up enough for a 1 day bus pass cap at £4.65 and should not be forced into topping up £10, which always defaults to £20 on the app and you have to click the minus button to get it to £10!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I believe it will be until 02:30 (the end of the Oyster day) on 23•JLY•21.

Anyone wishing to top up for smaller amounts than £10 can do so at stations or Oyster ticket stops.

Joe Paxton

Established Member

Anyone wishing to top up for smaller amounts than £10 can do so at stations or Oyster ticket stops.

I'd think it'd be 04:30, as that's the end of the 'ticketing day'.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The Oyster day ends at 04:30.
I believe there are plans in place to reduce the latter figure.
Really? It used to be £10 and was increased to £20 because of the number of fares which exceeded the previous amount. If you have a source I would be very interested in seeing it.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
that's nothing, auto top up is minimum £20 and is actioned when your credit falls below £20

I believe there are plans in place to reduce the latter figure.

Thank you for the link. Having read it I understand that the plans are to reduce the former figure, the amount of topup added, rather than the latter figure, the threshold at which it is added.

I also note that the main driver for the discussion was the withdrawal of cash handling at most LU stations which is a decision which has now been completely reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.