• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Update on my APT article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon E

You all may remember I asked for memories and photos for an article on The APT, I got some great material and wrote an interesting (I hope) article.

I have been busy since writing other things articles on Routemasters, Pillboxes, The Burma Siam Memorial at The NMA, Rockall and my Uncles part in its 'Capture' to name a few.

The APT is being published in Best of British in October's edition out on 30th September - Hope you all like it!

Thanks to.... (amongst many other who followed and contributed to the original now closed thread)

@Gloster @john prytherch @32475 @WesternLancer @MadMac @SargeNpton

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Well done Simon, I’ll make sure I get a copy. Where are your other articles published? I’m particularly interested in Pillboxes and intrigued about the Rockall article and your uncle’s capture of it. Was he the chap who spent a few weeks living on it in the 1980’s or was involved in one of the military landings? Either way that’s quite an accolade!

Simon E

thanks for your interest in my work, I did intend to keep visiting this forum a bit more than I do unfortunately the day in sales and writing limits time!

My Uncle was on Hms Vidal that annexed it for the UK in the early 50's unfortunately he didnt get to set foot on it himself but used to tell me interesting stories his Naval career. That article was in Sea Breezes Magazine Feb 21. The pill box article was in Britain at War August 21 so has only just left the shelves. one I didn't mention was An article about a new car museum that opened in Derbyshire in May called the Great British car Journey that article appeared in Junes Derbyshire Life.

The latter 2 mags are on the magazine app Readly (along with Best of British with the Routemaster piece) which is 7.99 and often a months free (or 99p) trial can be got. I use it all the time to research pitches to editors instead of standing in WH Smiths for hours or spending 50 quid on magazines lol!

WesternLancer

Established Member
You all may remember I asked for memories and photos for an article on The APT, I got some great material and wrote an interesting (I hope) article.

I have been busy since writing other things articles on Routemasters, Pillboxes, The Burma Siam Memorial at The NMA, Rockall and my Uncles part in its 'Capture' to name a few.

The APT is being published in Best of British in October's edition out on 30th September - Hope you all like it!

Thanks to.... (amongst many other who followed and contributed to the original now closed thread)

@Gloster @john prytherch @32475 @WesternLancer @MadMac @SargeNpton
Thanks for update! V glad it made it into print.

MadMac

Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this the other day! Congrats on getting it into print. Any idea how can I get this in the US?

Simon E

Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this the other day! Congrats on getting it into print. Any idea how can I get this in the US?
I mentioned the Readly app is that a thing in the US as I can view American magazines I assume it works the other way? and trails are always available to new users

Simon E

The Magazine should be in shops today. its the issue with Una Stubbs on the cover (so sad she's gone... part of my childhood has gone with her... Worzel Gummidge... Summer Holiday etc)

the forum and everyone who kindly shared their memories with me get a mention. hope everyone likes it.

it has been edited slightly by the magazine, which unfortunately I have no control over. but I am very happy with the published article

Status
Not open for further replies.