• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Valid route/s for Nuneaton to Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn5775

Hi all,

I have a question about the Off Peak Day Return ticket between Nuneaton and Coventry (with the restriction code JE).

I appriciate that the ticket is not valid for travel via Birmingham, but is travel permitted via Rugby?

Thank you in advance. Kind regards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Hi all,

I have a question about the Off Peak Day Return ticket between Nuneaton and Coventry (with the restriction code JE).

I appriciate that the ticket is not valid for travel via Birmingham, but is travel permitted via Rugby?

Thank you in advance. Kind regards.
Nuneaton and Coventry are both routeing points. The mapped routes are EM and BI+BP.

EM gives the direct route
BI+BP allows travel via Birmingham

The Not Via Birmingham ticket is only valid via Bedworth. The Any Permitted ticket is additionally valid via Birmingham.

It is not permitted to go via Rugby on either ticket.

kieron

Established Member
In case anyone was in any doubt, easement 700083 says "Customers travelling from Nuneaton to Coventry in possession of tickets routed 'Not Birmingham' may not travel via Rugby. This easement applies in both directions."

If you're looking at a triangular trip, Nuneaton-Rugby tickets are valid via Coventry. They cost a bit more, though.

plugwash

Established Member
I wonder why that easement is needed, given that neither of the map combinationss seem to allow it in the first place.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I wonder why that easement is needed, given that neither of the map combinationss seem to allow it in the first place.
It could potentially date from a time when there were fewer maps. There really are quite a lot now relative to when the routeing guide was first published.

kieron

Established Member
The start date listed for the easement is 26/11/2010. The closest documents on farehistory.info to then give the valid routes as EM (which only included the direct route) and WM (which only included routes via Birmingham).

I don't know what the reason was, but there must have been one once.

Status
Not open for further replies.