• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty82

Bought tickets from Raileasy for a journey which includes a section on Virgin Trains. I want to change the seat reservations but they told me they'd have to charge a fee so they kindly advised doing so with Virgin Trains for free as the operator of the service.

Have contacted Virgin Trains on Twitter with the journey details but they can't make a seat reservation without a photo of the tickets which I don't have on me and am unlikely to until my day of travel by which time it will be too late to make a reservation.

Also, Virgin Trains' website says "Alternatively seat reservations can be made at the station" however my local station is run by ScotRail who say that they can't make a reservation for another operator.

Can anyone provide any advice or help on this issue?

Thanks in advance folks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bionic

You can just walk into any staffed ticket office and book reservations for any train on any TOC without having to show tickets. I do it all the time.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
You can just walk into any staffed ticket office and book reservations for any train on any TOC without having to show tickets. I do it all the time.

That doesn't work if the ticket office don't oblige...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If the ticket office is willing.
Many will ask for the ticket. And isn't it the case that not all Scottish ticket offices can do "international" reservations (i.e. within England) anyway?
They may choose not to, though they shouldn't refuse if there is no exemption in Schedule 17 of the TSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.