• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC Azuma on the WCML today

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverSpeed

Hello all
I am hoping that someone might be able to help me,as Earlier Today, roughly between 15.00-16.00, i swear i saw what looked like a VTEC Azuma, thundering through Rugby, i looked at RTT to see if i could see What it was doing on the WCML, and where it was travelling from and to.

But i can not see anything that stated it was a class 801, was i seeing things? The noise of the train, seemed slightly higher than a 390..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
Hello all
I am hoping that someone might be able to help me,as Earlier Today, roughly between 15.00-16.00, i swear i saw what looked like a VTEC Azuma, thundering through Rugby, i looked at RTT to see if i could see What it was doing on the WCML, and where it was travelling from and to.

But i can not see anything that stated it was a class 801, was i seeing things? The noise of the train, seemed slightly higher than a 390..
That would have been one of the repainted 390s. Livery is quite similar to an Azuma.

OverSpeed

Many thanks Gents, although i did think the doors were recessed, and that high speed noise, being slightly a higher tone i thought made me obviously think it was a Azuma

Fallen Foul of the VTWC/VTEC similar paint schemes then! :D

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Oh, It'd be nice to get an 801 on the WCML!
Well, doubtless they will appear occasionally between Carlisle and Edinburgh on ECML diversions, and regularly between Edinburgh and Glasgow via Carstairs.
I would also have thought TPE's version is also likely to appear from Manchester/Liverpool to Glasgow/Edinburgh via Preston when CAF 397s are unavailable, or when the wires are out of action.
And within 5 years or so the HS2 compatible stock should begin to appear.

hibtastic

I would also have thought TPE's version is also likely to appear from Manchester/Liverpool to Glasgow/Edinburgh via Preston when CAF 397s are unavailable, or when the wires are out of action.

This was a point i was interested in when i was travelling from Edinburgh to Manchester on sunday on a double 350 (which was full). Currently 185s stand in on the Glasgow routes to allow doubled up 350s on the Edinburgh routes on some services on Fridays, Sundays and Mondays especially. Just wondering if its likely we will see 802s standing in to allow some Edinburgh 397s to be doubled up in the future?

sprinterguy

Established Member
Just wondering if its likely we will see 802s standing in to allow some Edinburgh 397s to be doubled up in the future?
Doubled up 397s throughout the journey doesn't seem likely, as 2 x 397s won't fit the platforms at Manchester Airport. It doesn't look to me as if there'll be much slack in the class 802 fleet from their Newcastle/Edinburgh diagrams, either. I'm not sure whether some of the new Liverpool trains are planned to join a Manchester portion at Preston heading north, though, or whether they'll run entirely separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.