• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walking the Northern Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
https://trainstobeyond.com/2021/05/26/2021-uk-walking-the-northern-heights/

A new post about walking over parts of the 1935-40 LPTB Northern Heights plan. Any comments really welcome.

Really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing. Especially appreciated the inclusion of maps and diagrams for some clear context. I think the only suggestion improvement would be for the images to be clickable for actual size though not sure from here whether your platform allows for that?

tbwbear

Thanks so much for the feedback. I will certainly consider the clickable images idea in future.

The line from Moorgate to Finsbury Park has always interested me and I've visited it once or twice. You might therefore be interested in the following pictures:

Ron.

I had another involvement with Drayton Park in 1977 when the Ffestiniog Railway in North Wales bought the redundant rail in the London Transport car sheds. The London Area Group of the Ffestiniog Railway Society were asked to lift the track and load it onto a waggon for onward transportation to the FR; this short video shows how we did it:

Ron.

tbwbear

The line from Moorgate to Finsbury Park has always interested me and I've visited it once or twice. You might therefore be interested in the following pictures:

Ron.
Really Magic stuff !
thanks for sharing !

There is certainly something special about Drayton Park...

Status
Not open for further replies.