• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WAVF Psychometric Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eebbs1912

Flick your focus of vision up to a wall or the keyboard just after the square disappears every now and then, the square only turns black a split second after originally appearing grey every now and then so you have more time than you realise to shift your vision and refocus on the square with your eyes readjusted to the grey/white/black balance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scorpio75

It’s a dark grey square that is flashing on the screen. Only hit the button when it flashes black. Your eyes will play tricks on you, and during the practice, you could hit it when you don’t think it’s changed to understand the difference in the change in “brightness”. It is very obvious when it does change to black. It’s only ever that dark grey or black, but can look a darker grey, but that’s the rub, it’s eyes playing tricks.

I found counting in between the flash to black helped me concentrate, and made the 30 minutes disappear into nowhere. Good luck.
I was counting in between as well!! Definitely helps to maintain the concentration

Chris_1892

Hi All,

I re-took the test last Friday and I am pleased to say I passed the psychometrics assessment centre. Thank you for everyone help, you can really tell a difference in the change and this helped me refocus, a long test indeed :)

SVDW995

Hi All,

I re-took the test last Friday and I am pleased to say I passed the psychometrics assessment centre. Thank you for everyone help, you can really tell a difference in the change and this helped me refocus, a long test indeed :)
Congratulations, really happy to hear this. You must be over the moon!

Owen2323

Hi All,

Congrats mate, do you mean the techniques referred to such as looking away briefly after it's changed to give your eyes a rest make a difference?

Chris_1892

Yeah most certainly Owen, Even just that split second helped re-focus and get back to see the change from grey to dark grey. I think I have a post in September but still awaiting confirmation :)

Congratulations, really happy to hear this. You must be over the moon!
Absolutely elated mate! I was chewing on it over the weekend but when I heard the news on Monday morning I was over the moon!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.