• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Established Member
Anyone aware of any problems around the Milton Keynes - Tring area? Looking at OTT and nothing seems to be moving.

Edit. Seems on the move now with delays.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MK Tom

Established Member
Signalling fault between Bushey and Harrow. Got caught in it coming home. The 16:49 MKC to NMP was 100 minutes late.

Qwerty133

Established Member
Whatever's happened VT have been silent on twitter since 8, when the day shift signed off at the normal time (completely understandable since he'd been on since 9am this morning), and twitter normally goes over to control who will presumably be dealing with the incident. Considering how VT made a big deal of #VT247 they really should have a back-up plan for these situations when the twitter service is the most useful.

the sniper

Established Member
I like to think that the 'out of hours' twitter service that most TOCs provide offers a nice insight into how it is as member of staff dealing with a TOCs 'Control' when the job falls over at any time of the day...

dk1

Veteran Member
Mate of mine caught up for a couple of hours. What can you do but drink beer?

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Mate of mine caught up for a couple of hours. What can you do but drink beer?

Indeed! :D

It was pretty bad, I was working during the biggest part of the disruption and for about 8h trains were running 1h+ late! Also Southern cancelled pretty much all their service (understandably!) so we had to send passengers via Willesden Junction to get to Clapham Junction as London Underground weren't accepting tickets!

Have to admit it made my job more difficult that many VT services stopped in the station at a red signal but did not open doors as they were not due to stop, so I had many people moaning about why couldn't they get on that train!

MK Tom

Established Member
Indeed! :D

It was pretty bad, I was working during the biggest part of the disruption and for about 8h trains were running 1h+ late! Also Southern cancelled pretty much all their service (understandably!) so we had to send passengers via Willesden Junction to get to Clapham Junction as London Underground weren't accepting tickets!

Have to admit it made my job more difficult that many VT services stopped in the station at a red signal but did not open doors as they were not due to stop, so I had many people moaning about why couldn't they get on that train!

My train back from Euston (the intended 16:49 arrival at MK) made a signal stop at Harrow and the train crew decided to open the doors to air out the train and let Watford passengers switch to the Overground, even though there was no additional stop there like there was at Kings Langley, Apsley and Tring (but curiously not Cheddington).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.