• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML today / Avanti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reliablebeam

Hope this is the right forum, would like to access the forum hive mind for an opinion!

I'm finally heading to north Wales out of Euston today (after a few covid related misfires) but I've noticed that Avanti and WMT are getting more and more delayed heading north, presumably with temperature. I am booked on the 1856 Crewe - HHD which I am quite keen to make otherwise I get a very late arrival in my destination and/or have to risk TfW and a further change at Chester.

I am booked out of Euston on the 1659 to Liverpool but have noticed WCML services seem to be running 5-15 minutes late already - am trying to judge whether to get an earlier train up to Crewe or not, - do any members have any insider info to share and more importantly is this do-able under the current covid reservations system?

Many thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
There’s a signal failure near Nuneaton, and a couple of speed restrictions for heat reasons.

I’d suggest 13 minutes is too tight, although there is a chance that Avanti will hold the Holyhead connection. Nevertheless if I were you I’d aim for the 1638 Manchester, explain your position to the gate line staff at Euston, and the train manager (preferably before boarding, if you can find him or her).

Make the point (humoursly!) that you have gone for an earlier train so that Avanti don’t have to pay you delay repay - ie putting yourself out to save them money!

There are always unreserved coaches available on Avanti.

Reliablebeam

There’s a signal failure near Nuneaton, and a couple of speed restrictions for heat reasons.

I’d suggest 13 minutes is too tight, although there is a chance that Avanti will hold the Holyhead connection. Nevertheless if I were you I’d aim for the 1638 Manchester, explain your position to the gate line staff at Euston, and the train manager (preferably before boarding, if you can find him or her).

Make the point (humoursly!) that you have gone for an earlier train so that Avanti don’t have to pay you delay repay - ie putting yourself out to save them money!

There are always unreserved coaches available on Avanti.
Cheers, that confirms the tactical plan I was forming! I am now fed and watered and heading to Euston shortly....

HSP 2

Don't forget your delay repay due to being 43 late at HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.