• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weardale Railway reopens

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6130

Established Member
Sorry I can't do a link, but I've just read an article on the Northern Echo website about the reopening of the Weardale Railway on Saturday 28th May. The article has a photo of passengers joining their class 122 'bubble car' DMU and states that the line has been closed for several years. I think I last travelled on it in 2015, but can't be certain. Any further info would be gratefully received.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E759

Good news indeed. Their website is worth visiting for information (as newspapers can rare be trusted on railway matters).

DanNCL

Established Member
The last time I travelled on it was when they still had a working 141, can’t remember the year but as that’s now been scrapped it must have been a long time ago! I’d love to go back, do they have anything other than the 122 running, and will they be running through to Bishop Auckland?

E759

Stanhope to Wolsingham in 2022. It’s worth visiting their website. Honestly.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I’d love to go back, do they have anything other than the 122 running, and will they be running through to Bishop Auckland?
There was a 108 as well when I went in October 2019. 144010 has also arrived since then.

Mothball

There was a 108 as well when I went in October 2019. 144010 has also arrived since then.

144010 has since moved to the East Lancs Railway. Rumoured (But no official confirmation of any sort) to be heading to GM Fire service instead of 009.

Status
Not open for further replies.