• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weird train-related dreams

Galvanize

I was walking from a Park area to “Elm Park” underground station, and crossed a Railway Bridge, expecting it to be the GEML…I could see the District and London-Southend line in the distance, with a connecting spur linking the two.

Very quickly a train was approaching…what I expected to be a GA 745 on a Norwich bound working. However, it was an Italian Freccariarossa 100…that looked really cool. Then, coming off the spur, an Enterprise liveried Class 201 hauling The Northern Belle!

The mind works in very odd ways.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
An odd one last night -- featuring the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch; which was per dream, functioning in east London -- either having been transplanted wholesale, or very greatly extended ... travel thereon in east London, featured: including a long, unscheduled stop -- explained as being the result of a sudden crisis which the railway's top management had to discuss and resolve, before traffic could resume. This was intermixed with a non-railway theme involving me and a female colleague in a former job, half a lifetime ago -- with whom I got along well, but did not fancy in the slightest, and who was in any case "taken". In my dream, said lady was unattached, I was madly smitten with her, and was trying timidly and ineffectively, to woo her.

Last edited:

Tracked

Established Member
I was on my village (Bentley) high street with a few people I know, they were going for the train into Doncaster and I decided to go to the station with them, with the intention of going to Hull, knowing I had plenty of time to get a ticket before the 08:45 service arrived, and that I'd have plenty of time in Doncaster for the change of train as the Hull one left at 09:20.

Only thing was, when I got on the station it wasn't my local slab of concrete with a bus shelter station, it was an older looking one with canopies and was now called Bishopsgate.

I went to the ticket machine to get a ticket, but I had to also type in this stations name as well as Hull, and it kept spelling it wrong ...

There was an information desk, with a couple more ticket machines. These seemed to have a fault of googling the originating station when I typed it in. As I was sorting out the ticket my train arrived, it was a 142 in the yellow/cream Merseyrail livery.

Must've made the train, as the next thing I knew I was in Hull (although it didn't look like Hull).

I was on holiday in Cambodia a few weeks ago and although I didn’t get to see any railways there I had read up on what does exist and plans to rebuild some lines which were wrecked after years of war and strife.
Hence the dream I had last night in which I saw a reopened line with a Hastings DEMU running past en route to Phnom Penh!

I dreamed last night about me being inside a very small railway exhibition with a small cafe, with a sandish-ground space outside bordered by a wooden fence (possibly a car park). There was a model of a Class 320 in early SPT livery inside the exhibition, similar to what 320307 had. A small railway exhibition was inside the green wooden hut, about the size of a 40ft container.

In that very same dream I went to the end of the platform when a three-car Class 156 DMU arrived, it was unit 156477 and it was hauling three Mk1 coaches in Blood and Custard livery.

In an earlier dream, I was in a fictional countryside somewhere in the Scottish Borders or South Lanarkshire, and I visited an antique place with a long oval model rail track, before heading towards the street with houses and trees east of the village in a golden light.

Last edited:

Purple Train

Established Member
I was on a Travelcard to clear some traction when I made a decision to take a 197 instead of another unit (can't remember which) to Queen's Park to clear. Unfortunately, disruption meant it was diverted, first stop Earlestown, with no trains back into Manchester for half an hour.

And no, I haven't made any typos!