• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

Citistar

56 is scheduled as 0945, 1045, 1245, 1345 from Clevedon, each journey leaving Walton Bay to come back 15 mins later.

I hope you got a good photo at Nailsea :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carlberry

Established Member
56 is scheduled as 0945, 1045, 1245, 1345 from Clevedon, each journey leaving Walton Bay to come back 15 mins later.

I hope you got a good photo at Nailsea :D
Yes. Not being aware of the timetable I assumed it was Stagecoach finally arriving at first however it didn't match their livery and the comprehensive destination display gave it away in the end!

Citistar YJ10EXZ arriving in Nailsea to take up the return working to Bishop Sutton, 15th April 2021.

20210415.JPG

iantherev

Yes. Not being aware of the timetable I assumed it was Stagecoach finally arriving at first however it didn't match their livery and the comprehensive destination display gave it away in the end!

Citistar YJ10EXZ arriving in Nailsea to take up the return working to Bishop Sutton, 15th April 2021.

View attachment 94475
One of my previous churches of happy memory in the background there!

carlberry

Established Member
Who is running the 56 please? And what were they using when you saw it?
Weston & District Community Transport (however don't tell anybody that you found out from me, walls have ears)!

Something like this (certainly the destination display was that helpful!), not my photo:
Flickr Link

Citistar

Is the timetable published anywhere yet, I can't find it!!!
I've only seen it published on the North Somerset Public Transport Facebook feed. It certainly hasn't been added to any data feeds yet.

Regular vehicle seems to be a slam door Citroen minibus, which is odd as they should have liberated at least two power door vehicles (at least three different vehicles were being used) from the C1/C2/B1/L1 services in Weston and only one is required for 991/992 down at Langford.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Thought I'd mention it here as the Wiltshire bus thread is locked, to say that there was evidently an operator change that passed me by. Seven years after taking on the Devizes town services from Hatts (on their implosion), Stagecoach are no longer running them. Not surprisingly, Faresaver are now operating them so assume that there are two more vehicles based out near Sells Green.

As an aside, saw Go Ahead using their Tourist liveried Solo 3688 on the 2. Not many places you can see an X reg Solo in front line service!

NJ51

I've only seen it published on the North Somerset Public Transport Facebook feed. It certainly hasn't been added to any data feeds yet.

Regular vehicle seems to be a slam door Citroen minibus, which is odd as they should have liberated at least two power door vehicles (at least three different vehicles were being used) from the C1/C2/B1/L1 services in Weston and only one is required for 991/992 down at Langford.
Thanks to you Andy I have been able to track down service 56 this morning , although I was waiting at the wrong bus stop. Still run with a Citroen.

Citistar

Thanks to you Andy I have been able to track down service 56 this morning , although I was waiting at the wrong bus stop. Still run with a Citroen.
None of the new minibus routes appear to have been added to any of the national databases, almost a month after commencing.

Citistar

I see the Hackney Community Transport (HCT) service 55 didn't last very long running to Whitchurch Asda. It was cut back to Hengrove Park from this Tuesday with little fanfare. Revised Timetable.

Their 672 service has also been on a very disruptive diversion missing three villages this week, without any mention on their social media (which is still active with marketing fluff for other routes).

NJ51

North Somerset Services 56 / 991 /992 only appeared in Notices and Proceedings on 29th April 2021 , although they appear to have started on 12th April.
Hopefully timekeeping might improve on the 53/54/55 with the revised timetable ? 15 minutes late was often the norm.

Dai Corner

Established Member
I'd have thought Asda was a key destination? Are there other shopping centres on the route?

Citistar

I'd have thought Asda was a key destination? Are there other shopping centres on the route?
Lidl at Bishopsworth is the only other significant food store on the route. Plenty of varied shopping at Imperial Park, but nowhere to do a standard food shop and it's a lengthy unprotected walk from the bus stops.

carlberry

Established Member
Lidl at Bishopsworth is the only other significant food store on the route. Plenty of varied shopping at Imperial Park, but nowhere to do a standard food shop and it's a lengthy unprotected walk from the bus stops.
Lots of duty free shopping at the airport (usually!).

Marcus Fryer

The route/timetable change could have been made to improve timekeeping - I think the original timings/turnarounds might’ve proved too tight as NJ51 suggests.
Hengrove Park is quite a useful transport hub with, as well as the leisure centre, college and hospital, frequent connections via Metrobus to the city centre.
Note the 15:45 and 18:45 from Hengrove Park run backwards in time according to the timetable in Citistar’s link!

Last edited:

RhysHand

The route/timetable change could have been made to improve timekeeping - I think the original timings/turnarounds might’ve proved too tight as NJ51 suggests.
Hengrove Park is quite a useful transport hub with, as well as the leisure centre, college and hospital, frequent connections via Metrobus to the city centre.
Note the 15:45 and 18:45 from Hengrove Park run backwards in time according to the timetable in Citistar’s link!
Good point. Just sorted. Thanks for highlighting.

Marcus Fryer

North Somerset Services 56 / 991 /992 only appeared in Notices and Proceedings on 29th April 2021 , although they appear to have started on 12th April.
Hopefully timekeeping might improve on the 53/54/55 with the revised timetable ? 15 minutes late was often the norm.
The 991/992 started the same day as the 51 (6 April).

carlberry

Established Member
Surely that means that they cant have charged fares before the 29th? (I'm assuming the county council will have instantly given short notice approval as it's their services instead of insisting on the usual 8 weeks!)

Marcus Fryer

Surely that means that they cant have charged fares before the 29th? (I'm assuming the county council will have instantly given short notice approval as it's their services instead of insisting on the usual 8 weeks!)
I’m not certain they even had ticket machines when they started up. I believe the machines were to be supplied by NSC (North Somerset Council)?

-Colly405-

As part of a really helpful conversation when I queried how they could say that withdrawing part of a route could be classed as "minor changes" as per their publicity, HCT advised me that less than one person per day was using the Hengrove-Whitchurch section.

Citistar

As part of a really helpful conversation when I queried how they could say that withdrawing part of a route could be classed as "minor changes" as per their publicity, HCT advised me that less than one person per day was using the Hengrove-Whitchurch section.
I'm sure loadings were at that level, given that the service only started four weeks ago during the late stages of a national lockdown. :rolleyes:

swifty

Established Member
Sadly it looks like another ‘native’ Abus Spectra has suffered fire damage this morning after working the R2. AP53 BUS seems to have been the victim, Alan has since posted on Facebook that it’s going to Ripely for scrap tomorrow.

Following a bus fire this morning at Lawrence Hill
@FirstBSA
says its services 6/7/35/37/42/4/44 & 45 are diverting via Easton Way and Stapleton Road. Delays are expected

Last edited:

Whiteway215

Established Member